Spam? suspect BTC payments on XRPL

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think this is spam at all. If you look at the transactions, you see many transactions that pay well over the minimum transaction fee. Here's one that burned 0.01 XRP. This means that the sende

Perhaps someone is testing the capabilities of the XRPL now Lightning network appears to suck. Suspicious in a bad way or something we should applaude?

7213/589 = 12.24  Obviously this means XRP will be $589 on Christmas Eve.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Forget spam.....what if this is actually a test to trial the XRPL for moving value (IoV) with BTC..... does this not speed things of all while cutting out XRP?

What if the Game is actually to use BTC as the Liquidity source over the XRPL?

open thousand accounts to do a test on livenet not testnet ?

look the pattern I posted above, it's not right way to send BTC IOU on XRPL.

so clearly it's not a test,  it's not enough to become DDOS on XRPL, but clearly it's spam.

7 minutes ago, yxxyun said:

open thousand accounts to do a test on livenet not testnet ?

look the pattern I posted above, it's not right way to send BTC IOU on XRPL.

so clearly it's not a test,  it's not enough to become DDOS on XRPL, but clearly it's spam.

k.  Just doesn't seem to make any sense.

3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

k.  Just doesn't seem to make any sense.

the main account create 500 accounts as BTC issuers, create another 500 accounts as BTC recipients , 500 issuer send self-issued BTC to 500 recipients, then the recipients send BTC back to issuers, again and again. ofcourse make no sense except spam.

i'm more thinking it's a kind of scam, where volume is faked to lure in naive people who think they're joining an exchange with real liquidity, but the volume is faked, and maybe they think they're getting legitimate BTC IOUs, but are not... or, could it be rippling is turned on for these? can we find out? 

7 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

i'm more thinking it's a kind of scam, where volume is faked to lure in naive people who think they're joining an exchange with real liquidity, but the volume is faked, and maybe they think they're getting legitimate BTC IOUs, but are not... or, could it be rippling is turned on for these? can we find out? 

Yeah I think it's the same. Maybe some pyramidal scheme with btc involved.

On 10/30/2019 at 10:58 AM, yxxyun said:
On 10/30/2019 at 10:49 AM, itcdominic said:

the main account create 500 accounts as BTC issuers, create another 500 accounts as BTC recipients , 500 issuer send self-issued BTC to 500 recipients, then the recipients send BTC back to issuers, again and again. ofcourse make no sense except spam.

So they have locked up 30,000 XRP just with account creation? Not to mention trustlines (which they can get back easily) and transaction fees. Why spend that much money just to spam?

17 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

So they have locked up 30,000 XRP just with account creation? Not to mention trustlines (which they can get back easily) and transaction fees. Why spend that much money just to spam?

delete account will be enabled in the next version rippled,these XRP can get back too.

10 hours ago, yxxyun said:
10 hours ago, lll_lll said:

delete account will be enabled in the next version rippled,these XRP can get back too.

Yes, the proposal being discussed right now, you will lose 15 XRP in process, essentially 22,500 (~$6750) Just in account creation. Why would I want to do that? Spam theory really doesn’t hold any water.