yxxyun

Spam? suspect BTC payments on XRPL

30 minutes ago, Scout said:

I'm definitely not trying to start a heated discussion. However, an IOU doesn't exactly burn XRP does it? These transactions were the transfer of value from one account to another which was causing XRP's to be burnt in the process. Doesn't that constitute a buy and sell when the value is transferred to someone else's  account?

No heat from this side...  I’m just pointing out what are apparently uncomfortable facts to someone.

However, an IOU doesn't exactly burn XRP does it?

No it doesn’t.  These BTC are either backed in reality or not, I suspect not.  Anyone can create anything.  I can create a GOLDBAR token if I want....  but you’d be foolish to buy it off me.

However,  moving that IOU between your own accounts (or someone else’s) does burn small amounts of XRP.  It’s generally insignificant.

Doesn't that constitute a buy and sell when the value is transferred to someone else's  account?

No it doesn’t.  True buys and sells occur either as offeraccepts etc on the DEX or as trades on an Exchange.  They are not on the ledger but do affect price because it’s a marketplace.

So my point was that your view that the ‘trans were high but it didn’t affect price’ is not valid.  These trans are NOT price affecting.

10 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

please explain

you mean a 1 XRP fee transferred 100090 BTC?

Screenshot_20191201-222235_Chrome.thumb.jpg.31b71209434dca6ddb6cfeeb7fa5d0e1.jpg

Screenshot_20191201-222248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7606849a16901863d3bf9339576af68c.jpg

well,  I mean sold 1 XRP bought 100090 BTC IOU.

Edited by yxxyun

12 hours ago, Sukrim said:

Very interesting.

Looks like someone is moving BTC to XRPL.

In the orderbook there is one offer for a discounted BTC (about the half price).

12 minutes ago, Coolio said:

Very interesting.

Looks like someone is moving BTC to XRPL.

In the orderbook there is one offer for a discounted BTC (about the half price).

Stop promote this BTC offer, clearly it's not real BTC,  and https://bithomp.com/explorer/rD2MeEcSJLxKst41BCcp5Mrasn2eoSS4Wv  bought 100090 BTC with 1XRP and want sell 100BTC for 3200000XRP. 

On 12/1/2019 at 3:26 PM, yxxyun said:

Screenshot_20191201-222235_Chrome.thumb.jpg.31b71209434dca6ddb6cfeeb7fa5d0e1.jpg

Screenshot_20191201-222248_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7606849a16901863d3bf9339576af68c.jpg

well,  I mean sold 1 XRP bought 100090 BTC IOU.

it is unclear to me why they dont used a payment to transfer the BTC to an other account.

Edited by Coolio

More and more trust lines means more and more memory used by rippled. A few days ago my node was using 81% RAM, now it's already 84%. Hopefully it is not due to that, but it's a problem I envisioned time ago.

49 minutes ago, tulo said:

More and more trust lines means more and more memory used by rippled. A few days ago my node was using 81% RAM, now it's already 84%. Hopefully it is not due to that, but it's a problem I envisioned time ago.

all your 16Gb RAM are dedicated to rippled? do you have other VMs running?