Spam? suspect BTC payments on XRPL

45 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Well, mystery solved. We can close this chapter in XRPL history.

Wait what?   I’m sorry but sometimes I’m a bit thick...   what have we determined?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think this is spam at all. If you look at the transactions, you see many transactions that pay well over the minimum transaction fee. Here's one that burned 0.01 XRP. This means that the sende

Perhaps someone is testing the capabilities of the XRPL now Lightning network appears to suck. Suspicious in a bad way or something we should applaude?

7213/589 = 12.24  Obviously this means XRP will be $589 on Christmas Eve.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Scout said:

This was a perfect example of transaction volume having zero impact on price.

No it wasn’t.  Flicking IOUs around is nowhere near the same as buys and sells.  

30 minutes ago, KevClem said:

Agree 100%

So you think flicking IOUs amongst your own accounts is the same as market buys and sells?  Really?   Or are you just happy to try and push a negative view in spite of it’s inherent folly?

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

So you think flicking IOUs amongst your own accounts is the same as market buys and sells?  Really?   Or are you just happy to try and push a negative view in spite of it’s inherent folly?

Stop picking on me. Why is my view negative ?

I agree with Scouts comment. Am I not allowed to because it differs from your opinion ?

Edited by KevClem
6 minutes ago, KevClem said:

Stop picking on me. Why is my view negative ?

I agree with Scouts comment. Am I not allowed to because it differs from your opinion ?

I definitely am not picking on you.

I’m merely pointing out that not only is your view nonsensical,  unless I am misremembering,  (that IS a possibility,)  it’s persistently negative to XRP.

So now we have dealt with the whine...   do you really believe what you said?  Why would you expect the effect from a person flicking IOUs back and forth to have the same effect as real trading volume?

So you either really believe that,  (which would be a bit of an admission of lack of market experience) or you are deliberately jumping on opportunities to disparage XRP?   I don’t think there is another option.  I’d really be interested to hear which it is.

1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

I definitely am not picking on you.

I’m merely pointing out that not only is your view nonsensical,  unless I am misremembering,  (that IS a possibility,)  it’s persistently negative to XRP.

So now we have dealt with the whine...   do you really believe what you said?  Why would you expect the effect from a person flicking IOUs back and forth to have the same effect as real trading volume?

So you either really believe that,  (which would be a bit of an admission of lack of market experience) or you are deliberately jumping on opportunities to disparage XRP?   I don’t think there is another option.  I’d really be interested to hear which it is.

You really are a troll. 

If someones view's are not aligned to yours you dive in for the kill.

I mentioned in the other thread that Ripplenet has never been in a better position, it has the most volume, partners etc, and it's functioning fine on pennies. I really believe even with a 10x or 100x increase in volume, the price will remain pennies.

2 minutes ago, KevClem said:

You really are a troll. 

If someones view's are not aligned to yours you dive in for the kill.

Careful,  your paranoia is showing through.    (That’s an example of a personal response...  I try to avoid getting dragged into those).   Btw if you think pointing out fallacies is ‘diving in for the kill’ you probably should reconsider saying nonsense on the Internet.

4 minutes ago, KevClem said:

I really believe even with a 10x or 100x increase in volume, the price will remain pennies.

That’s fine.  Believe that if you will.  

But to get back to the IOU flicking which is what we are discussing ...  as I’ve asked multiple times now...  Do you really think that’s equivalent to buys and sells on the market?

9 minutes ago, KevClem said:

I mentioned in the other thread that Ripplenet has never been in a better position, it has the most volume, partners etc, and it's functioning fine on pennies.

I just noticed that you seem to conflate Ripplenet and the XRPLedger.  You do understand the difference don’t you?

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

I'm definitely not trying to start a heated discussion. However, an IOU doesn't exactly burn XRP does it? These transactions were the transfer of value from one account to another which was causing XRP's to be burnt in the process. Doesn't that constitute a buy and sell when the value is transferred to someone else's  account?

Edited by Scout