Jump to content

Spam? suspect BTC payments on XRPL


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s sad to hear.  
But it doesn’t mean that the XRPLedger is at risk.  More large scale (or richer) UNL and other nodes will have no problem continuing.


I don’t know how much resources you have Tulo  (although I know your skills resource is high!) but some of the nodes on XRPLedger are currently minimalist.  I really like that situation but it might not be viable.

Perhaps it’s good that we see now that the minor Rasberry PI type node is not really long term viable (not saying that was your type Tulo) and are left with only the enterprise grade ones with entities that have large fiscal resources running.

I sincerely wish you no disrespect Tulo because I know you are a long term contributor and have wicked skills.  I’m saddened to hear you might need to disconnect,  but thank you for the service you have long provided.

 

I have limited resources, no offense :)

It's a basic desktop with i7 5th generation, 16Gb RAM, and GPON connection. Nothing fancy but I was hoping it was enough for a long time.

Probably only business will survive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think this is spam at all. If you look at the transactions, you see many transactions that pay well over the minimum transaction fee. Here's one that burned 0.01 XRP. This means that the sende

Perhaps someone is testing the capabilities of the XRPL now Lightning network appears to suck. Suspicious in a bad way or something we should applaude?

7213/589 = 12.24  Obviously this means XRP will be $589 on Christmas Eve.

Posted Images

14 hours ago, tulo said:

I have limited resources, no offense :)

It's a basic desktop with i7 5th generation, 16Gb RAM, and GPON connection. Nothing fancy but I was hoping it was enough for a long time.

Probably only business will survive.

We need a geographically distributed network of validators that run on enterprise grade hardware, not consumer pc's, hosted at datacenters with enterprise grade connections, not home basements, that are professionally managed. The validator that I currently run is hosted (virtualized) at a 60k EUR 56 core server, with a 21k/y EUR 1gbit hosting contract. If the theoretical throughput of 1500 tps is achievable, I'm confident this server can handle it. 60tps is nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lucky said:

60k EUR 56 core server

Maybe back in the day when it was new... ;-)

Also if your validator is runnign virtualized you need to worry about other people using the machine or having administrative access besides yourself. Not your hardware, not your node.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Maybe back in the day when it was new... ;-)

Also if your validator is runnign virtualized you need to worry about other people using the machine or having administrative access besides yourself. Not your hardware, not your node.

It's my hardware. Switched to virtualization this year and never want to go back to bare metal.There is other stuff running on it (such as a full history node), but this server (bought this year) is (still) mostly idle.

Edited by lucky
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lucky said:

We need a geographically distributed network of validators that run on enterprise grade hardware, not consumer pc's, hosted at datacenters with enterprise grade connections, not home basements, that are professionally managed. The validator that I currently run is hosted (virtualized) at a 60k EUR 56 core server, with a 21k/y EUR 1gbit hosting contract. If the theoretical throughput of 1500 tps is achievable, I'm confident this server can handle it. 60tps is nothing.

You have some monetary incentive to running it on such an expensive set up or is it like a charity on your part, an act of goodwill towards the network?!? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, lucky said:

We need a geographically distributed network of validators that run on enterprise grade hardware, not consumer pc's, hosted at datacenters with enterprise grade connections, not home basements, that are professionally managed. The validator that I currently run is hosted (virtualized) at a 60k EUR 56 core server, with a 21k/y EUR 1gbit hosting contract. If the theoretical throughput of 1500 tps is achievable, I'm confident this server can handle it. 60tps is nothing.

Mmm a global distributed network which can be run only by rich people or enterprises...no thanks, not in my idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lucky said:

don't think this is spam at all. If you look at the transactions, you see many transactions that pay well over the minimum transaction fee. Here's one that burned 0.01 XRP.

Completely agreed. This doesn’t look like spam the longer and longer it goes. You spam if it doesn’t cost you anything. Why pay thousands of dollars just to be a nuisance when you aren’t actually being a nuisance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.