newbee

How Sustainable is Ripple and XRP?

Bee populations threatened with extinction in the world. Scientists from 124 countries sounded the alarm!

How Sustainable is Ripple and XRP? Are ripple servers running in Sustainable Data Centers? All these kind off initiatives will be embraced by banks, etc IMO.

The big win for Ripple already is that you can't mine XRP:-)

12 minutes ago, newbee said:

The big win for Ripple already is that you can't mine XRP:-)

Very true! That's why my favorite always was Ripple - mining nonsense is way to old fashion and absolutely not defendable any more in our, from an environment perspective, heavily threatened globe.... 

Followed by ETH where mining at least has a useful purpose ...

6 hours ago, newbee said:

Are ripple servers running in Sustainable Data Centers?

I had a validator running reliably on a m3.large in Amazon. There are rippled servers, and clusters out there, but nothing near the extent of a mined currency. Not even a comparison. 

6 hours ago, tulo said:

You should check the last episode of Black Mirror ;)

Season 3, Episode 2 titled "Playtest" really had me going...

14 minutes ago, Tim said:

I had a validator running reliably on a m3.large in Amazon. There are rippled servers, and clusters out there, but nothing near the extent of a mined currency. Not even a comparison. 

I am very curious as to why known Ripple partners don't have unmasked validators on the network. Earthport, Accenture, Microsoft, NBAD, Bitstamp, Cryptofacilities, Gatehub (@enej?)...

soon™

Call the lawyers - @enej is infringing on Ripple's trademark!

But seriously, that's good news. I am surprised that GateHub hasn't been running one since it started up, though.

Edited by tomxcs
additions

Great to see Gatehub on the validator list. It'd make quite a statement if all Ripple partners launched validators. Bluzelle, CGI, Deloitte, flashFX, bitstamp, microsoft, etc... Polo runs a rippled, might as well encourage them to run a validator.