lll_lll

Bitso Order book

6 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Thanks EasterBunny.

Liquidity looks deep. More than 500K XRP within .03 Mexican Pesos. That's awesome. 

Any chance you're able to back check the liquidity tracker based on the Bitso order book to see if the ODL tracker is accurate? ODL tracker link below. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZ2POpljERK-oV3rusaCmq58U2badn5i9WOCIP9Wtmg/htmlview#

I looked at the file and I'm not sure how the index is being calculated. I cannot see the formula in the cells but it sure does seem to be conforming the general observation of rise in volume and other methods used to track liquidity such as tracking the destination tags that are known xRapid wallets. 

1 hour ago, lll_lll said:

Thanks EasterBunny.

Liquidity looks deep. More than 500K XRP within .03 Mexican Pesos. That's awesome. 

That's likely from market makers to some degree. Not necessarily traders.

17 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

That's likely from market makers to some degree. Not necessarily traders.

Yes, for sure. That is how they have high amount of liquidity and order book depth. 

It’s more complex than you can see by looking at the book.  Because it’s a dynamic system,  depending on the MMs and their degree and speed of responsiveness,  the orders you see might only be the tip of the iceberg.

In other words because it’s a dynamic and responsive system,  there may be a zillion Pesos half a second away if ever needed.

(Potentially further complicating things is the possibility of Dark Pools of liquidity    It must be said that I have not seen or heard any trace of that in relation to ODL,   but the possibility exists.)

My point is that in a dynamic system a snapshot of the order book is not the complete picture and may be misleading.

Because of the indeterminate nature of the things I mentioned above, I think the only sensible way to track ODL increases is via the settled trades.  The volume.  Because that is not speculation,  it is the facts as they occurred.  Not guesses based on hopeful promises in an order book.

8 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Because of the indeterminate nature of the things I mentioned above, I think the only sensible way to track ODL increases is via the settled trades.  The volume.  Because that is not speculation,  it is the facts as they occurred.  Not guesses based on hopeful promises in an order book.

I get it but also from what I mentioned, 500K XRP order book within .03 pesos is a good enough depth to settle 100K XRP either way you slice it (visible and invisible)

On 10/23/2019 at 1:14 PM, EasterBunny said:

Sorry to raise this topic, but since you posted bitso api address for xrp orderbook, I was wondering if you could help me. I was trying to get bitso's xrp orderbook into a google spreadsheet, using this address. But I keep getting the return message "unknow orderbook". 

I use the Import JSON script, and it looks like this in the spreadsheet: =ImportJSON("https://api.bitso.com/v3/order_book/?book=XRP_mxn/", "noInherit", "noTruncate”")

Do you know what I am doing wrong? 

Thanks, in advance!