kanaas

A great person has gone...

Yesterday someone I used to know very well passed away by euthanasia. She really was an incredible great person who inspired so many people including me....

Wanted to share this with the community.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/23/paralympian-marieke-vervoort-dies-euthanasia-years-pain-10966693/

Edited by kanaas

30 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Yesterday someone I used to know very well passed away by euthanasy. She really was an incredible great person who inspired so many people including me....

Wanted to share this with the community.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/23/paralympian-marieke-vervoort-dies-euthanasia-years-pain-10966693/

Innige deelneming, veel sterkte

It is wonderful how people overcome adversity and demonstrate they know how to live their lives to the full.  My mother is 93 and has had a crumbled spine for the last twenty years of her life and a lot of pain with it, but she still goes swimming and never complains about the constant pain.  I think the ones who are best at it are the ones that like other people. These stars of life demonstrate how we should appreciate every minute of good health and living through our relationships with those around us.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Thank you for sharing the story of this inspiring woman.  I hope that you and all who knew her are comforted by the fact that her suffering has now ended.  Such a remarkable woman will surely be long remembered.