Tracking XRapid usage

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like many others I have been following the Bitso Liquidity index which can be seen using this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pZ2POpljERK-oV3rusaCmq58U2badn5i9WOCIP9Wtmg/htmlview#gid=188

I track transactions on all corridors on a daily basis and there is certainly an increase to the philippine and mexico exchanges. I was somewhat surprised by the distribution of payments. For example

Yes, exactly! My gut feeling is this will take 18-24 months but let's do a little back of envelope calculation for the heck of it. Q3 XRP markets report indicated a 5x increase in ODL. If we assume H_

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

FWIW the Liquidity index has put in another record day.

Since you insist on referring to it - here's the update for today's xRapid activity on my chart (the UTC clock going past midnight means my graphs can update - I only take integral day summations of data). It looks like a new high on the current payments trend. (I will write up my tracking methodology and post it to an xrpcommunity blog soon. I have an account now, but been too busy to write).

image.thumb.png.1fa1ae42c3f436920fd9b61cac39af87.png

8 hours ago, mistatee2000 said:

I assume @jbjnr that your analysis of the flows will include arbitrage flows, unless you tell me otherwise?

The table I pasted above includes 'raw' data on potential corridors, this include arbitrage bots/etc. I filter the data down to try to identify ones that are potential xRapid traffic. The plot showing daily amounts for $10k to $100k payments is only including traffic to bitso and coins.ph.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:11 PM, Julian_Williams said:

You're mathematics are over my head, but your graph looks like a smoothed summation of  growth in volume. In you post you say I simply made a trailing 30 day volume summation in a copy of your doc and i thought the results were interesting on their own. Am I right in thinking it is smoothed through adding up the previous 30 days, everyday adding a new day and dropping off an old day? 

Is there a link where we can watch this growing?

Rate of growth is doubling about once every two months?

I promised an update and here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJuy30O4m9lBzd916G0w-DcG8cB4Snkc5AKEXkQ-S60/edit?usp=sharing, this will not be updated on a frequent basis (by me), but please feel free to copy the document and update it yourselves. All credit to the original creater of the document, https://mobile.twitter.com/LiquidityB, I only altered his graphs.

The recent price drop will have implications on LiquidityB's liquidity index going forward (and I think most would agree that the drop is unrelated to any ODL activity), why I would still argue that trailing 30 day volume is a better indicator of ODL activity than the liquidity index. Also added a graph of daily volume which is interesting, even if it is a bit harder to digest.

8 minutes ago, opaopa said:

I promised an update and here it is: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uJuy30O4m9lBzd916G0w-DcG8cB4Snkc5AKEXkQ-S60/edit?usp=sharing, this will not be updated on a frequent basis (by me), but please feel free to copy the document and update it yourselves. All credit to the original creater of the document, https://mobile.twitter.com/LiquidityB, I only altered his graphs.

The recent price drop will have implications on LiquidityB's liquidity index going forward (and I think most would agree that the drop is unrelated to any ODL activity), why I would still argue that trailing 30 day volume is a better indicator of ODL activity than the liquidity index. Also added a graph of daily volume which is interesting, even if it is a bit harder to digest.

Have I misunderstood?  The link takes us to Tenitoshi's liquidity index, not your 30 day trailing index.

The fluctuations/cycles in the liquidity index seem to have disappeared.  It now increases less erratically and at set amount everyday (almost a straight line).  I wonder if this is because the users (Moneygram) have better understanding and control of expansion of the infrastructure supporting their use of XRapid. 

Screenshot_2019-10-29 liquidity-index.png

Edited by Julian_Williams

I'm still holding onto some words of wisdom I received several months back......Price increase will come with utility..... at the time I received this great advice we were at $0.42 Cents.........

This looks like utility in a big way and growing....... any thoughts on when $$$ will follow utility?

Edited by itcdominic
3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

I'm still holding onto some words of wisdom I received several months back......Price increase will come with utility..... at the time I received this great advice we were at $0.42 Cents.........

This looks like utility in a big way and growing....... any thoughts on when $$$ will follow utility?

I think we're still 3 to 5 years out."Whales and other "non utility related" activities still completely blow away xRapid volume. 

When Ripple says utility, I want to point out that the biggest component of utility driving price is having investors and other entities who invest and hold XRP, and not other assets, because of XRP's use case.

Utility has to be able to override speculating, bots, whales, and all other noise that is currently happening.

Most investors in this space are here to invest in whatever can give them a return and don't care about if the asset is being used or not.

This is why news doesn't drive the price. Most stock market investors only care about results and performance, this is why stocks respond to news. Crypto does not because those type of investors are generally not here. And if they are, like I said, any influence they have gets completely blown away.

Once stock market type investors start coming into this market, then you will see digital assets, with successful use cases, start to appreciate, while other digital assets, start to slowly bleed. 

In XRP's case, you will see these effect get even more pronounced if people ever start to buy and hold XRP with the intent of using it with xRapid.

Keep in mind that "Stock Market Type" investors, and "People Holding XRP to use with xRapid" have to exceed Ripple escrow sales as well, just to point that out.

Edited by AlejoMoreno