soon (/so͞on/):adverb - 1. in or after a short time.

At this point we can all agree that the infamous "coming soon" announcement regarding the XRP liquidity incentive program was premature. 

While I understand there were good reasons for postponing such a program (glad that @miguel will now have input), it seems disingenuous the headline still reads "Coming Soon" more than a year after it was originally announced. 

While we have seen hints of such a program and Ripple no doubt intends to unveil it at some point in time, my suggested options for an immediate remedy are:

1. If testing, debate, etc. continue to occur in such a fashion that what the final program will look like is still largely undetermined, remove the headline from the page until this changes.
  2. Otherwise the announcement should be updated with a less vague timeline like "May 2017", "Q3 2017", or something similar.

It's now clear that while Ripple's target is FI's, the liquidity provided by crypto enthusiasts is needed, or at a minimum "nice to have", when bootstrapping liquidity for XRP. Such a small adjustment as suggested above would help restore credibility within the community.

I hope this is helpful @miguel and @Tim

2 minutes ago, Xi195 said:

While I understand there were good reasons for postponing such a program (glad that @miguel will now have input), it seems disingenuous the headline still reads "Coming Soon" more than a year after it was originally announced.

agreed, what a joke

better not to say anything than be disingenuous/vague like that, really looks bad on the company

Yeah, writing something just to create hype, but too far from the real release generates only the opposite effect. Now I don't trust anything that is written on Ripple website. It could be any bullshit for the general public, but then they have very different plans with the "real" clients. 

It depends how you look at it. The precambien explosion 540 MYa was practically yesterday in geological terms, but for Billy the bifurcating bacterium then one year is, literally, many lifetimes. So!  'Soon' is little more than a subjective perception.

The main issue that I see is many of us here have a differing perceptions as to what 'soon' is regarding this stuff in cryptoland, compared to what it seems Ripple has. And because I trust Ripple has a better notion of relevant timeframes since they are actually, well, DOING it, while we're just imagining it, I'm happy just to hold my tongue and wait.

Of course i could be wrong, and a gentle kick up the derrier would be no bad thing... ^^

4 hours ago, Xi195 said:

soon (/so͞on/):adverb - 1. in or after a short time.

At this point we can all agree that the infamous "coming soon" announcement regarding the XRP liquidity incentive program was premature. 

While we have seen hints of such a program and Ripple no doubt intends to unveil it at some point in time, my suggested options for an immediate remedy are:

1. If testing, debate, etc. continue to occur in such a fashion that what the final program will look like is still largely undetermined, remove the headline from the page until this changes.
  2. Otherwise the announcement should be updated with a less vague timeline like "May 2017", "Q3 2017", or something similar.

It's now clear that while Ripple's target is FI's, the liquidity provided by crypto enthusiasts is needed, or at a minimum "nice to have", when bootstrapping liquidity for XRP. Such a small adjustment as suggested above would help restore credibility within the community.

I hope this is helpful @miguel and @Tim

I'd like to point out that one thing preventing the market making incentive was that market makers would not partake in XRP without an instrument allowing for hedging.  That's why Ripple announced a partnership with Crypto Facilities https://ripple.com/insights/ripple-partners-with-crypto-facilities-for-xrp-derivatives/

However, please note, that was also over a year ago and has also not come to fruition.  

Now I'm not saying that every announcement Ripple makes takes over a year to actually happen.  Some announcements that were made TWO years ago still haven't happened, while others, like Fidor, disappeared. 

In all fairness, coming soon has turned out to be NOT TRUE and a deceptive statement, that has given many of us false hope, and has cost many of us a lot of money. Ripple owes us a big apology for that.

It's time we call coming soon what it really is: a lie. I don't like that. Get rid of it on the portal page today and don't ever do this again.

Edited by lucky

37 minutes ago, lucky said:

In all fairness, coming soon has turned out to be NOT TRUE and a deceptive statement, that has given many of us false hope, and has cost many of us a lot of money. Ripple owes us a big apology for that.

It's time we call coming soon what it really is: a lie. I don't like that. Get rid of it on the portal page today and don't ever do this again.

How is this not true? Even in the Miguel video he mentioned it was live on bitstamp? Maybe not as big as we were hoping yet, but it's live and real.

Edited by MundoXRP

The simplest way to cool the ardour of the angry groupies second guessing every decision Ripple has made is to have[mention=30]JoelKatz[/mention] Chuck Norris the door down and start blasting away with a ripple t-shirt cannon. "You get a t-shirt! You get a t-shirt! We all get t-shirts!"

Seriously this space is young, changes happen fast and the tech is not mature by any stretch of the imagination. There are countless coins that have crashed and burnt already, Ripple is laying the foundation for what heopefully will be a permanent and lasting protocol and asset. When we are old and drinking fruity cocktails with umbrellas on[mention=46]Dizer[/mention] island we will look back and realize it all happened so fast.

But seriously, where is my t-shirt already?

Guest Dizer

@Mercury :good:

I'll send my private plane to pick you up for the dinner party in my island :biggrin:

6 hours ago, MundoXRP said:

How is this not true? Even in the Miguel video he mentioned it was live on bitstamp? Maybe not as big as we were hoping yet, but it's live and real.

It is not true that the details of the program will be released soon, or "shortly".

Not true. And until then, I think the claim that it is live now on Bitstamp is also not true.

3 hours ago, lucky said:

Not true. And until then, I think the claim that it is live now on Bitstamp is also not true.

i believe they have incentivised bitstamp, but it's not in the clever way we thought

i think they're just compensating bitstamp for losses incurred by removing fees

rather than some complex xrp rebate thing for individual traders or doing it programmatically, which would make a lot of headaches

2 hours ago, zerpdigger said:

i believe they have incentivised bitstamp, but it's not in the clever way we thought

i think they're just compensating bitstamp for losses incurred by removing fees

rather than some complex xrp rebate thing for individual traders or doing it programmatically, which would make a lot of headaches

That would be pretty stupid, because they are incentivizing the use of XRP outside RCL itself, loosing all the advantages of RCL (unless ILP comes in play). Bitstamp is not increasing the liquidity in that way, but it is reducing it.

They could pay gateways to set 0 transfer fees on RCL as well if they decided to do things this way, that is incentivise through echanges

2 hours ago, tulo said:

That would be pretty stupid, because they are incentivizing the use of XRP outside RCL itself, loosing all the advantages of RCL (unless ILP comes in play). Bitstamp is not increasing the liquidity in that way, but it is reducing it.

only when you don't factor ilp

ultimately RCL is a terrible exchange for "serious" trading, too slow -- liquidity will be via exchanges

but buying in chunks will then take place on-ledger

exchanges eventually connected by a common value protocol, and in time (a few years) ilp can even pick off the order books of exchanges themselves via autobridging