MGI, ODL, Bitso and a theory about the price

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think it's a bit presumptious to think that your opinion is desired by others, no?  Maybe leave this thread if you don't like it.  It's not what you're saying, it's the rude way in which you are say

Even tho Molten has bowed out, I'm guessing a few "ODL Watchers" remain here with me, and remain interested... With the BS/Bitso trade activities I've been monitoring all these months, I'm noting

Just FYI: December is starting to look interesting from the ODL traffic point of view. These numbers should not be taken too seriously as some might not be ODL directly, but the trend is very pos

Posted Images

If Bender is right about a languishing XRP,  and Pablo is right about no value proposition in VET,   then I am screwed.  I’ve spent the last three years fairly confident that I would be able to retire soon.

Now I’m wondering if that will ever happen.  Sorry...  but can’t see this improving for ages.  Unless Bitcoin fixes this.

34 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

If Bender is right about a languishing XRP,  and Pablo is right about no value proposition in VET,   then I am screwed.  I’ve spent the last three years fairly confident that I would be able to retire soon.

Now I’m wondering if that will ever happen.  Sorry...  but can’t see this improving for ages.  Unless Bitcoin fixes this.

but VET is flying... my holdings aren't big at all but I'm mighty happy

4 minutes ago, stickmonster said:

but VET is flying... my holdings aren't big at all but I'm mighty happy

Yeah that’s nice I agree.  But my holding are not big either and they aren’t much higher than I bought so that doesn’t make much of a change to my life unfortunately.  I need a real moon in one of my two bets...  VET and XRP.

6 hours ago, LetHerRip said:

https://ripple.com/insights/staying-the-course-in-remittances-and-sme-payments/

Sure looks different, it look's dead to me.

EaBbtkbWkAcmVqX?format=jpg&name=900x900

But but but muh volume sir... :girl_cray2:@Julian_Williams why not doubling like you keep promising?!?!

If nothing else it proves Ripple monitor this forum and social media. Everyone clocks ODL volume dropping and panics, Ripple react with some PR fluff.

1 hour ago, Dogowner5 said:

Yeah that’s nice I agree.  But my holding are not big either and they aren’t much higher than I bought so that doesn’t make much of a change to my life unfortunately.  I need a real moon in one of my two bets...  VET and XRP.

Don't rely on crypto investments to change your life

Probably a lot to take out of analyzing that article. As a first I think the timing strongly suggests WU/MGI overtake has something to do with it. I would further think, what is the difference between pumping $10.000 through a system or $100.000? The rails is the same. There is nothing but speculation here, but what if e.g. they negotiated with WU to keep the MGI/ODL progress alive, but at a much lower pace. WU knows if they kill the ODL flows at MGI, ODL will pop up somewhere else. Meanwhile WU can keep a closer look in Ripple's kitchen. For Ripple their is advantage in keeping on testing and building with these MGI corridors further and perhaps in the future WU will switch over anyway. 

On a more clearer note, they confirmed the 5 Corridors from utility-scan, one of them the EUR-USD: 

Ripple is on track to open new ODL corridors this year and we’re onboarding new customers and working with existing customers to ramp up ODL volume in important corridors including USD-MXN, USD-PHP, AUD-USD and PHP, and from EUR-USD.

2 hours ago, jn_r said:

Probably a lot to take out of analyzing that article. As a first I think the timing strongly suggests WU/MGI overtake has something to do with it. I would further think, what is the difference between pumping $10.000 through a system or $100.000? The rails is the same. There is nothing but speculation here, but what if e.g. they negotiated with WU to keep the MGI/ODL progress alive, but at a much lower pace. WU knows if they kill the ODL flows at MGI, ODL will pop up somewhere else. Meanwhile WU can keep a closer look in Ripple's kitchen. For Ripple their is advantage in keeping on testing and building with these MGI corridors further and perhaps in the future WU will switch over anyway. 

On a more clearer note, they confirmed the 5 Corridors from utility-scan, one of them the EUR-USD: 

yes, I too wonder if it has something to do with the rumours of Moneygram being taken over by WU. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, strikerjax said:

The explains the timing of the 350 banks info release. If the price drops expect some positive news release. 

although this figure represents a slow down in sign ups - quite likely related to corona virus?

Edited by Julian_Williams

It's all a bit vague, Moneygram (or the big client we saw moving those big numbers around) didn't stop, but lowered the amounts per transaction to 1/6. After stopping 12 hours earlier than normal last friday. Fact is that everything is still in place and working. Asheesh's insights article is also full of contradictions. WU ? I don't know, there has been no follow up anywhere as far as I can tell.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.