MGI, ODL, Bitso and a theory about the price

34 minutes ago, Frans said:

Well, given the destination tag on Bitso, it's Moneygram that has lowered their amounts sent. (tag: 25370527). I would have hoped the frequency would go up to keep volume the same overall, but no such luck. Maybe some maintenance done and starting up a little careful before opening up the faucet wider again. That's what I would do after having moved something new into production, IT-wise.

Is there a differentiation in destination tags on each corridor? If 25370527 is from Moneygram, from whom are the others (like e.g. 47175592)?

22 minutes ago, jn_r said:

Is there a differentiation in destination tags on each corridor? If 25370527 is from Moneygram, from whom are the others (like e.g. 47175592)?

I wish I knew.  That ..5592 is that strange client that sends those $20k dollar amount bursts. Might be just another MGI wallet, but seems more likely to be another client.

24 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Don't forget that "blinded tags" may come into play and take the "let's watch ODL ramp up" game behind the curtain.  That's no fun for trackers, but it's great for business.

nope, the script doesn't look at tags, but amounts of XRP being traded on both sides of a corridor

2 hours ago, googie said:

Volume is way down for a Monday on Bistamp (ODL enabled exchange). Typically about $140M, sitting at $26M today.

Interestingly price is fairly stable...

image.thumb.png.476bca2559078ef88a728d5aa0cb8372.png

That's because even at its highest , volume is about 100x less than whats needed to truly effect price. Price is all speculative right now.

Edited by Archbob

26 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Well there goes bye bye to Moneygram. Sinking ship comes to mind. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ripple/status/1270104548888068096

https://ripple.com/insights/staying-the-course-in-remittances-and-sme-payments/

We are continuing to focus on supporting low-value, high-frequency payments with ODL—though transaction volume may look different in this new world.

This may reduce overall ODL transaction volumes.

Sure looks different, it look's dead to me.

EaBbtkbWkAcmVqX?format=jpg&name=900x900

But but but muh volume sir... :girl_cray2:@Julian_Williams why not doubling like you keep promising?!?!

Edited by LetHerRip