Molten

MGI, ODL, Bitso and a theory about the price

If I understand it correctly, "liquidity" increases when the volume of XRP trading increases. One way to kick start this is by making a major announcement (bank and/or major corporations using ODL) as it will attract investors, speculators, and people who want to use it as a store of value. Swell is almost here, so lets see.

Edited by Uloveme

On 10/19/2019 at 9:49 AM, Molten said:

OK, so please indulge me for a minute here.  Those of you that have put up with me on this board probably know I'm not much of a conjecture guy... to the point of being kind of a curmudgeon when it comes to speculation.  I prefer verifiable facts.  However, something occurred to me while I was on my morning jog and the seeds were planted by @Julian_Williams, @Mpolnet , @Tinyaccount and others.  I want to run this by all of the excellent minds on this forum for input.

Thoughts? 

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver?  lol.

This same thought has occurred to me, at least. I tend to discount it, but at some point it (real utility) will matter, and I have to admit I have no real way of knowing when. It just seems too early. But....I just don't know. Not enough data.

That's my whole contra argument here, to your thesis.

Technically XRP is heating up. Trolls can't chart, apparently. They ridicule what they can't understand, which is that something changed on the 25th of last month, and that alt coin summer is over. And XRP seems to be leading the alt coin pack up off the bottom, although there are 3 or 4 others showing bullish behavior.

XRP is the ONLY  high supply coin acting this way. That's not because of nothing, and it's not random. The big guys are accumulating. They know stuff we don't. That might not be a guarantee of a huge breakout, but it shows us something is up. People like you and me respect charts because we've been taught to respect and look for the evidence to support our actions. But also trust your intuition a little. 

It's time for a move. I have no idea how high, or if we drop right back down. But right now, it looks pretty good. I've always said that if the long triangle chart had any validity, that the big breakout would be on something having to do with a perceived game changer for Ripple or XRP, or both.  Something that would suck up the real available supply quickly (and it's not really that big in global liquidity terms, as we know).

I never thought it could be real utility this time, because the evidence I've seen for that makes me think we're still in the nascent stages of adoption.  I could be, and would love to be, completely wrong about that.

I'm at full bags at the moment. The timing looks good for some gains. I can  adjust my portfolio at any time if I get some reason to....most of the XRP I'm hodling now was bought at the levels we're at now or even lower. Where XRP was a year ago when I entered the space is no longer relevant, and anyone making decisions based on watching the past several months of downtrend and thinking that has to continue,  or that we will bump up to .45 again and drop back to test the lows.....is making a mistake, imho. 

Edited by dr_ed

14 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Hey, what am I? Chopped liver?  lol.

This same thought has occurred to me, at least. I tend to discount it, but at some point it (real utility) will matter, and I have to admit I have no real way of knowing when. It just seems too early. But....I just don't know. Not enough data.

That's my whole contra argument here, to your thesis.

Technically XRP is heating up. Trolls can't chart, apparently. They ridicule what they can't understand, which is that something changed on the 25th of last month, and that alt coin summer is over. And XRP seems to be leading the alt coin pack up off the bottom, although there are 3 or 4 others showing bullish behavior.

XRP is the ONLY  high supply coin acting this way. That's not because of nothing, and it's not random. The big guys are accumulating. They know stuff we don't. That might not be a guarantee of a huge breakout, but it shows us something is up. People like you and me respect charts because we've been taught to respect and look for the evidence to support our actions. But also trust your intuition a little. 

It's time for a move. I have no idea how high, or if we drop right back down. But right now, it looks pretty good. I've always said that if the long triangle chart had any validity, that the big breakout would be on something having to do with a perceived game changer for Ripple or XRP, or both.  Something that would suck up the real available supply quickly (and it's not really that big in global liquidity terms, as we know).

I never thought it could be real utility this time, because the evidence I've seen for that makes me think we're still in the nascent stages of adoption.  I could be, and would love to be, completely wrong about that.

I'm at full bags at the moment. The timing looks good for some gains. I can  adjust my portfolio at any time if I get some reason to....most of the XRP I'm hodling now was bought at the levels we're at now or even lower. Where XRP was a year ago when I entered the space is no longer relevant, and anyone making decisions based on watching the past several months of downtrend and thinking that has to continue,  or that we will bump up to .45 again and drop back to test the lows.....is making a mistake, imho. 

You're absolutely right, how did I leave you off that list?!  You are now officially called out :)

And well said, agree with everything you wrote

2 hours ago, Moonraker said:

Have you been living under a rock for the past 2 years or perhaps you’re oblivious to the number of times the price has steadily gone up and come back down just as fast if not faster?

Jeeze, even your useless TA charts that God knows how much time and effort you’ve put into clearly shows the price going up and coming back down. These silly charts have shown give or take a 5 cents movement either side of 0.30 for the past year or so and there’s absolutely no signs of this changing in the near future.

Give it a rest, sit back for 4 or 5 years and see how this pans out rather than wasting your time with silly posts like these as they’re not fooling anyone other than yourself.

You seem like a happy chap.  Enjoy yourself.

Just now, Molten said:

You seem like a happy chap.  Enjoy yourself.

I'm always happy. Just feel a bit sad for people when they put so much effort into something that's going nowhere in terms of price movement which, no matter what people say, is the reason we're here. Putting so much effort into something that moves 2 cents up or down seems pretty fruitless to me. 

It seems even the great Hordor has also finally realised this and has stopped wasting time creating blogs too because let's face it, nobody would have ever imagined we'd be at 30 cents now.

1 minute ago, Moonraker said:

I'm always happy. Just feel a bit sad for people when they put so much effort into something that's going nowhere in terms of price movement which, no matter what people say, is the reason we're here. Putting so much effort into something that moves 2 cents up or down seems pretty fruitless to me. 

It seems even the great Hordor has also finally realised this and has stopped wasting time creating blogs too because let's face it, nobody would have ever imagined we'd be at 30 cents now.

Thank you for protecting me from myself.  Your work is done here.

2 minutes ago, Moonraker said:

GUYS THE PRICE JUST WENT UP FROM $0.292 TO $0.293!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Molten said:

GUYS THE PRICE JUST WENT UP FROM $0.292 TO $0.293!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the best news I've heard all day, congrats! All the hard work you put into creating those charts has really paid off now!

But if it makes you happy then knock yourself out :)

Edited by Moonraker

6 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

TA gives me a sense of what the local weather is doing, it might even bring me first tidings of a fundamental change in market psychology.

Charts dont need to be produced or looked at on a daily basis it's pointless.

Here's what's going to happen - the price is going to fluctuate between 25 and 35 cents for the rest of the year.

You can thank me later.

1 minute ago, Moonraker said:

Charts dont need to be produced or looked at on a daily basis it's pointless.

Here's what's going to happen - the price is going to fluctuate between 25 and 35 cents for the rest of the year.

You can thank me later.

You don't know that and if it happens like you say it will not be because you had some sort of second sight.