okanaganrusty

Q3 2019 Market Report

Excellent news, Ripple are selling less XRP, which the community asked for. They paused programmatic sales on exchanges and instead focused on select partners who will be yet more incentivised to ensure Ripple and in-turn XRP succeeds.

XRP volatility is also dropping which is really great for adoption from large institutions who prefer lower-risk investments.

I really like how the report also dispels some key FUD which has been propagating recently, such as Ripple manipulating XRP price and dumping XRP onto the market.

Edited by lacafet

I do find it interesting that Ripple has decided to directly confront purposeful misinformation. I believe this is a first in a report. Maybe they are finally tired of it, or the have found an option to combat it. IDK, maybe Schwartz figured out how to write an algorithm that is known as FUD bot, like funnybot from south park. 

9 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

I do find it interesting that Ripple has decided to directly confront purposeful misinformation. I believe this is a first in a report. Maybe they are finally tired of it, or the have found an option to combat it. IDK, maybe Schwartz figured out how to write an algorithm that is known as FUD bot, like funnybot from south park. 

I think the fact they try to address FUD is not a correct approach. They should not stoop to that level.

If they are signing new partners every week and growing the network, FUD should be of no concern to them.

We saw the backlash Brad copped  a couple of months ago when he tried to address it via Twitter. Kinda backfired on him.

40 minutes ago, Freaky said:

I think the fact they try to address FUD is not a correct approach. They should not stoop to that level.

If they are signing new partners every week and growing the network, FUD should be of no concern to them.

I mean how much manpower and man-hours do you think it took to write those couple of paragraphs? It's hardly a huge investment of resources. 

Also look how far BTC has gotten purely on name recognition. The technology is worse in any number of ways, but the public perception gives it a huge boost. Why wouldn't Ripple be concerned with the public perception of XRP? They would be, and like it or not, Twitter perceptions filter through to crypto 'news' outlets which then filter through to the MSM. 

Finally, many of the big names in crypto and people at the centre of the biggest projects have engaged into Twitter wars on behalf of their coin. I see nothing wrong with Ripple putting a few paragraphs in one report to counteract public misinformation. 

20 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

I mean how much manpower and man-hours do you think it took to write those couple of paragraphs? It's hardly a huge investment of resources. 

Also look how far BTC has gotten purely on name recognition. The technology is worse in any number of ways, but the public perception gives it a huge boost. Why wouldn't Ripple be concerned with the public perception of XRP? They would be, and like it or not, Twitter perceptions filter through to crypto 'news' outlets which then filter through to the MSM. 

Finally, many of the big names in crypto and people at the centre of the biggest projects have engaged into Twitter wars on behalf of their coin. I see nothing wrong with Ripple putting a few paragraphs in one report to counteract public misinformation. 

It's not so much the effort they put in, as you state, it doesn't take much to type up a paragraph. It's more around the need to address it.

Ripplenet and XRP is primarily targeted at Banks and Institutions, this is who they sell licenses to. Joe bloe public perception should be irrelevant.

Joe bloe got trump elected which in turn is currently causing the death of the kurds along the border with turkey. Unfortunatly, who you call Joe Bloe is important, every company whether it is Coca Cola or Boeing cares about public perception. In the end facts should speak for themselves and people including myself would be better off if all we did was look at actual facts and non-biased data while not being coerced into emotional opinion. It is also a fact that the human brain creates emotion and one that stems from millions of years of evolution so we are stuck with it.

I think that in the coming months it will be interesting to see how turning down sales will effect the price as the oversold portion is slowly eaten up. I also think it will be big tell into the amount of manipulation with in the market.

Anyway the q3 market report was boring, but I am thankful that Ripple chooses to publish each quarter.

Also the market report is very informative unless you check price three times a day, get on xrp chat in the morning at 10:00 am which isn't morning, but activity picks up suggesting that the majority of people on here are from the western united states :).

Edited by peanut56
forgot to add

They're early this year! Great to learn that programmatic sales, which for sure had a big impact on market psychology, are (for now) a thing of the past - and that market perception has an impact on Ripple's acting.

Yet, still no escrow sale and the wording is quite opaque what happens to the chunk each month they don't return to escrow:

The majority of the unused portion of the 700 million XRP not returned to escrow was being held in operating wallets at the end of the quarter.

Any ideas what "operating wallets" refer to? In the course of this year this is likely more than $1b taken out from escrows.

Eagerly awaiting the day those escrows are picked up in FOMO hurry.

Edited by panmores

Nothing about new partnerships?  They still keep quoting 200 which is much less than they should have signed up given that they claim to be signing 3 new partners a week (150 a year).  I think they are hiding the growth in partnerships - maybe we will hear more at Swell.  Maybe partners are less easy to assess as they trade through third parties like Corda R3 etc?

1 hour ago, Freaky said:

Ripplenet and XRP is primarily targeted at Banks and Institutions, this is who they sell licenses to. Joe bloe public perception should be irrelevant.

Ripple and XRP also exist in the 'crypto space' which is highly influenced by public perception. You think regulators and politicians in the US are unmoved by public perception? You think if BTC still had a reputation for just being the money of drug dealers and criminals it would have gotten as far as it has today? These things matter. Human beings are influenced by these things and in the end human beings make the decision to pursue ODL or to sign on the dotted line with Ripple or to explore using DAs. 

36 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

Ripple and XRP also exist in the 'crypto space' which is highly influenced by public perception. You think regulators and politicians in the US are unmoved by public perception? You think if BTC still had a reputation for just being the money of drug dealers and criminals it would have gotten as far as it has today? These things matter. Human beings are influenced by these things and in the end human beings make the decision to pursue ODL or to sign on the dotted line with Ripple or to explore using DAs. 

BTC hasn't achieved anything other than being an environmental disaster. 

Time will tell whether the world needs distributed databases ingrained everywhere.

Edited by Freaky