Inequivalent

Bank of America hiring Treasury Product Manager for Ripple project

33 minutes ago, elias said:

BoA has been a Ripple customer for a long time. This news just shows how incredibly slowly they are moving. What on earth have they been doing?

There is a world of difference between using a product, and having a dedicated manager primarily there to implement it.

Sounds like proof of concept went well, and now they looking at rolling it out.

Also... who said this is a new role anyway? Maybe it’s a vacancy due to the incumbent leaving?

Its an entry level position. Its probably in its early stages or still in pilot stage right now. PNC just recently rolled out something with their treasury department as well. I think Bank of America's goal is something similar to what PNC has right now.

“Ripple <...> cross border payments marketed to GTS clients” + “P&L Ownership: Drive transaction and revenue growth and manage associated financial processes (eg forecast, etc.)”?! My reaction to this is WOW!

For those of you who don’t know what GTS stands for: “The GTS organization provides comprehensive global treasury solutions to clients, including liquidity management, payments and receipts, trade and supply chain finance, foreign exchange, commercial card services, and custody and agency services.”

The fact that Ripple products (which have something to do with liquidity and payments!) are marketed to clients as a standalone service with its own P/L is huge.

Edited by Lamberth

13 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

BoA’s Ripple project “will not be using XRP.”

BAE7AA93-F0D8-4CB9-875F-2123BF108648.jpeg

I believe it wil not use XRP, at least not at first like 99% of the partners as there is no point in using non existing non liquid corridors. First get everyone hooked to RippleNet and THEN build out ODL corridors.

But "just because Yuri Molchan writes it" is not really evidence right? Or does this journalist know something of the internals of BoA?

3 hours ago, Caracappa said:

I believe it wil not use XRP, at least not at first like 99% of the partners as there is no point in using non existing non liquid corridors. First get everyone hooked to RippleNet and THEN build out ODL corridors.

But "just because Yuri Molchan writes it" is not really evidence right? Or does this journalist know something of the internals of BoA?

The use or not of XRP by BOA is not the debate at the moment....

7 hours ago, Cooliozxrp said:

No evidence xrp is involved...

^

45 minutes ago, Esprxp said:

The use or not of XRP by BOA is not the debate at the moment....

You can thank Coolioz for that, he's one of our neighborhood trolls. Checkout his post history, he loves stirring the pot.

In any case, this is really cool news! I love seeing stuff like this, thanks for the share.

That’s it. Yuri said it.
Game over man, game over!

So glad that stupid stuff like paying attention to anything knumbnuts “Yuri” writes doesn’t phase me in the least.
But let’s play Coolioz Troll Advocate and say it’s the gospel. Are we doomed?

No. Just as @Caracappa points out, we’ve been told repeatedly the first step is to get the banks on the new rails (RippleNet) and let the change in doing business begin. Once the early adopters are ready they’ll begin pressing their advantage by leveraging the performance of XRP.
Once their advantage becomes uncomfortable, the late majority begin utilizing XRP. Same can be said for central banks. Once one central bank leverages XRP the others will have to remain competitive.

Or...feel free to listen to Yuri. For me, I think listening to David Schwartz is a much better source. 
Cheer up Yuri, it’s all going to work out fine.

A9F47ABE-E3BE-41DF-B855-872B981F911B.png

Edited by Roaring_Twenties
To make the source clear

50 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

So, why are members attacking the author if he’s not here to represent himself?

Why aren’t you or any member sending him an email asking him for his sources?

Odds are a gazillion more people in crypto *otherwise unaware of RIPPLE/XRP and you* will see the headline of his article rather than your nugatory comments on this nugatory forum.

This nugatory forum you like to frequent and, post nugatory posts.... irony? 🙁

Why send him an email? Go for it. You’re here.

It’s not a question of attacking anyone or someone not getting asked to offer support of their claim. People are free to DYOR and encouraged to look far and wide for their sources. Some sources are more reliable than others. We each get to decide who’s worth listening to and learning from.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LeoHadjiloizou/status/1181637237282398208?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1181637237282398208&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.xrpchat.com%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dsystem%26controller%3Dembed%26url%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FLeoHadjiloizou%2Fstatus%2F1181637237282398208