Sign in to follow this  
xrpmommy

Ripple brings blockchain tech to Finastra banking customers

Just now, Julian_Williams said:

Is this live yet?

I don't think so. Finastra is looking for 4 senior software engineers and 3 software engineers to integrate Ripple blockchain solution into Finastra total messaging.

I am shure they will get some help from Ripple integration engineers... live soon™

10 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

#When will this be live?

2020 looks like a year during which  Ripplenet are going to explode

Lots of news stories coming just before Swell - is this orchestrated?

I agree. I also expect to see many new xRapid/ODL corridors to light-up particularly in ASEAN, North East Asia, Europe, South America, Mexico, and Canada.

Posted (edited)

From Wikipedia (@Hodor some background info for your blog):

Finastra is a financial technology company based in London. The firm was formed in late 2017 through the combination of D+H and Misys, after Vista Equity Partners acquired Misys in June 2012 and subsequently purchased D+H in 2017.

Finastra is led by chief executive officer, Simon Paris, who was appointed in June 2018. The company has offices in 42 countries with U.S. $2.1 billion in revenues. The company employs over 10,000 people and has over 9,000 customers across 130 countries.

AND

In 1994 Misys entered the banking software space by purchasing Kapiti Ltd. In 1995 Misys purchased ACT (which included BIS and Kindle), thus giving Misys control of 3 of the 4 largest selling core BANKING packages at the time. At time of purchase, Midas had the biggest installed base of any "off-the shelf" banking software package.

AND

Software supplier to the US healthcare industry, to banks (worldwide) and to fund managers worldwide.

read on ...... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finastra

A match made in heaven! :angel:

Edited by cryptoxrp

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

#When will this be live?

2020 looks like a year during which  Ripplenet are going to explode

Lots of news stories coming just before Swell - is this orchestrated?

I think Finastra and Brad’s multiple appearances this month are orchestrated. Swell is going to feel like an absolute victory lap this year.

And a reminder:

Coinfield is set to make a “major announcement” about the “largest project” ever built on the XRPL around the same time as Swell. They’ll be in Malta of all places for the announcement. And if you check coinmarketcap right now XRP is already the most liquid pair there, beating out BTC (!!!) across four separate fiat pairs (USD, CAD, EUR, GBP). Wild guess, but we might be seeing the birth of a Canadian private RTGS of some kind.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

From Wikipedia (@Hodor some background info for your blog):

Finastra is a financial technology company based in London. The firm was formed in late 2017 through the combination of D+H and Misys, after Vista Equity Partners acquired Misys in June 2012 and subsequently purchased D+H in 2017.

Finastra is led by chief executive officer, Simon Paris, who was appointed in June 2018. The company has offices in 42 countries with U.S. $2.1 billion in revenues. The company employs over 10,000 people and has over 9,000 customers across 130 countries.

AND

In 1994 Misys entered the banking software space by purchasing Kapiti Ltd. In 1995 Misys purchased ACT (which included BIS and Kindle), thus giving Misys control of 3 of the 4 largest selling core BANKING packages at the time. At time of purchase, Midas had the biggest installed base of any "off-the shelf" banking software package.

AND

Software supplier to the US healthcare industry, to banks (worldwide) and to fund managers worldwide.

read on ...... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finastra

A match made in heaven! :angel:

The history of the banking system is written here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midas_(banking_system)

Ripple appears to have partnered with company that develops bank core software.

Edited by jabit

3 hours ago, jabit said:

Ripple appears to have sneak into the core software Banks use without having to partner with SWIFT.:D

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

5 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

I think Finastra and Brad’s multiple appearances this month are orchestrated. Swell is going to feel like an absolute victory lap this year.

And a reminder:

Coinfield is set to make a “major announcement” about the “largest project” ever built on the XRPL around the same time as Swell. They’ll be in Malta of all places for the announcement. And if you check coinmarketcap right now XRP is already the most liquid pair there, beating out BTC (!!!) across four separate fiat pairs (USD, CAD, EUR, GBP). Wild guess, but we might be seeing the birth of a Canadian private RTGS of some kind.

Yeah just checked the volume from there, smashing it really very nice to see. Slowly but surely!

Posted (edited)

It looks like Ripple already has an infrastructure environment that can compete with SWIFT.
SWIFT will be disadvantageous for maintaining old and new infrastructure.
If a few banks start using XRP, the funds will flow out into XRP as a flood.

Ripple seems to have won the game.:D

Edited by jabit

23 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

And a reminder:

I agree there's been a noticeable increase in positive press in the last few weeks (appearances by Brad, Finastra, Xpring, Algrim, Santander @ Economic Club of NY, interviews, podcasts etc.)

All feels very choreographed. Considering Ripple themselves describe Swell as their keynote event, they must be aware of the expectation around it. Makes you wonder what they're going to pull out of the bag.

If it's not something major then I suspect some retail investors may cut their losses having seen 2 years of diminishing returns.

30 minutes ago, googie said:

I agree there's been a noticeable increase in positive press in the last few weeks (appearances by Brad, Finastra, Xpring, Algrim, Santander @ Economic Club of NY, interviews, podcasts etc.)

All feels very choreographed. Considering Ripple themselves describe Swell as their keynote event, they must be aware of the expectation around it. Makes you wonder what they're going to pull out of the bag.

If it's not something major then I suspect some retail investors may cut their losses having seen 2 years of diminishing returns.

Finastra alone is enough to keep me going for another two.