Sign in to follow this  
RikkiTikki

Tim Cook weighs in against launching an Apple cryptocurrency

Posted (edited)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/03/tim-cook-weighs-in-against-launching-an-apple-cryptocurrency.html

I think this bodes well for the crypto space in general especially XRP as Apple has expressed interest in crypto currency but they are steering clear of developing their own walled garden currency such as Libra.  XRP works well with regulations set around countries policies I am really starting to think once the overall regulation waters start to become less murky we will see the household names that were alluded to some time ago start to show up #WaitingonUSAtogetoursh!ttogetherTimCookHasIt Right

Edited by RikkiTikki
Change

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, invest2lose said:

what about the fact that ripple is a private company though?

Yes but Ripple is not using XRP to replace fiat,  although some may choose to utilize it that way it's main use by Ripple is to facilitate fast movement of fiat.. I will reiterate and Ripple execs have said this numerous times "They are not looking to replace fiat with XRP!!"  Cook's thinking is right in line with Ripples in regards to them wanting to work with countries fiat schema's as opposed to replacing it. So in that aspect it doesn't matter if your private or public.

Edited by RikkiTikki