VanHasen

Tomorrow Oct 4th - Brad Garlinghouse 90min unfiltered interview by APompliano (btc supporter)

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Calling someone a hack or a shill is a personal attack.  

Maybe English isn't your mother tongue. In which case:

Someone who does a poor job of silencing opposition on a forum, assuming they are paid to perform that function (a professional), and the work they produce on said forum is poor (such as a poorly written post) despite their professional status, means they are by definition a hack (a professional who's work quality is poor). In this case, the assumption that the posts in support of the product associated with the forum may or may not be true, and are difficult to verify. 

Thus: if the poster is not a professional working in support of the product but is making claims about future performance of an unregulated commodity or asset from a position of knowledge, then they are by definition a shill (someone acting as a spokesperson or promoter; a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest; or an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others).  

If the individual is genuinely ignorant of facts and posts in opposition of said facts they are a moron (a very stupid person). Which can be corrected through education, for example, by reading a dictionary. 

And to save us all the trouble:

Stupid: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting. 

TL;DR Don't hide behind ad hominem like a dirty Hippy Tiny (<-- that would qualify as a personal attack) :crazy:

2 hours ago, ixarepe said:

If I understand you correctly you believe Ripple/XRP will increase instability and inequality. Ik can understand why you want to fight that and put time and effort into that. Maybe you can explain why you think that adoption of Ripple/XRP will increase instability and inequality. My view is that the eventual effect of adoption of these kinds of technology will democratize finance. So that is just the oposite.

My main reasons to be on this forum. It is not often that one can experience a paradigm shift like this. Maybe once a lifetime (if even that). I want to consciously see how this unfolds. And secondly I want to keep a close taps on everything related to my investments. Exciting times. 

You misunderstood. I wasn't asking why you are literally here (you are probably here to talk about XRP:mail1:), I was mocking your attempt to silence other posters using some of the same language from your post. 

If you think XRP will democratise finance I'm happy to learn more about what you think that means. Posts on instability and inequality can be found in other threads.  

30 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Maybe English isn't your mother tongue. In which case:

Someone who does a poor job of silencing opposition on a forum, assuming they are paid to perform that function (a professional), and the work they produce on said forum is poor (such as a poorly written post) despite their professional status, means they are by definition a hack (a professional who's work quality is poor). In this case, the assumption that the posts in support of the product associated with the forum may or may not be true, and are difficult to verify. 

Thus: if the poster is not a professional working in support of the product but is making claims about future performance of an unregulated commodity or asset from a position of knowledge, then they are by definition a shill (someone acting as a spokesperson or promoter; a person who pretends to give an impartial endorsement of something in which they themselves have an interest; or an accomplice of a confidence trickster or swindler who poses as a genuine customer to entice or encourage others).  

If the individual is genuinely ignorant of facts and posts in opposition of said facts they are a moron (a very stupid person). Which can be corrected through education, for example, by reading a dictionary. 

And to save us all the trouble:

Stupid: marked by or resulting from unreasoned thinking or acting. 

TL;DR Don't hide behind ad hominem like a dirty Hippy Tiny (<-- that would qualify as a personal attack) :crazy:

Sigh.

@Tinyaccount thanks for fighting fud but I honestly don’t think it’s worth it. David said it himself , he will work until he proves the fud wrong . The rule is to always win an argument by taking action and not using words . 

Some people here try to sound smart using fancy words but it’s really just that , words . No value behind them 

Lighten up gents.

We're all here to talk about changing the financial system--instead of telling people who disagree with you to stop posting ("why are you even here, man?"), or calling it FUD, do some research and share why they are wrong. The forum benefits by keeping standards for information high.

55 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

@Tinyaccount thanks for fighting fud but I honestly don’t think it’s worth it. David said it himself , he will work until he proves the fud wrong . The rule is to always win an argument by taking action and not using words . 

Some people here try to sound smart using fancy words but it’s really just that , words . No value behind them 

I'm curious what your definition of value is here Zerp. 

1 hour ago, ixarepe said:

@Wandering_Dog

Thank you for the thorough explanation on what  a hack, a shill and a moron is. Very enlightening. 

And that as a result of a genuine question I asked @Freaky which by the way he answered in a friendly way. 

Only one question left. Are you a happy person?

:crazy: I know right, that dictionary, crazy stuff. 

EDIT: What would make me really happy is you taking this course before your next post.

Edited by Wandering_Dog

@Wandering_Dog You assume bad intentions when I asked a genuine question. You assume I need a course on Economics of Money and Banking. You do not know anything about me or where my expertise lies. Assumption is the mother of all f#@kups