Fleshmeister

GateHub Partners with Coil to Provide New Interledger-based Deposit Method

11 minutes ago, Hero_Member said:

Maybe Gatehub should focus all their efforts on compensating the victims of their hack...

Yes, Gatehub should have cleaned up their mess first, before Coil could consider a partnership. Disappointing that Coil is partnering with a company with currently such a horrible reputation. @justmoon, comment?

6 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

GateHub can desperately use some new users because liquidity there is zero currently. Perhaps they make a deal with Coil to receive some funds to compensate the hacked users.

They should have cleaned up their mess before announcing this. I doubt that's even on their radar. :help:

well if anyone can screw up an implementation of ILP, it's gatehub - lost count of the years of problems now 

wish they would just focus on one thing at a time -- they're gonna have to work hard to earn back the xrp community's trust, i think 

6 hours ago, jn_r said:

I would love to trust them again and run bots on their orderbooks, but I have stopped since the hack. Sadly I can not trust their IOU's until victims of the hack have been compensated.  :mellow:

I also stopped using my bot to trade their IOU's. The spread is very high since I left. 

It's actually pretty cool how GateHub's implementation of Coil works, with a live streaming ticker in the wallet. Yet they're not getting anywhere without compensating the hack victims. It's not just one or two wallets, it's many dozens. Everyone knows it must be some sort of inside job. Looking at the non-existent liquidity, it's a mystery how they can pretend to still be in business.

Posted (edited)

Great to see more features on gatehub.

The ILP connector of gatehub will participate as market makers on the XRPL exchange. Increased number of payments via ILP will directly improve the volume on XRPL markets which will in turn lower the cost of cross-currency payments and attract more traders to use XRPL (and XRP!)

https://twitter.com/enej_p/status/1179398458496737285

Edited by Coolio