codiusrex

XRP Receives CRC Securities Framework Asset Rating

XRP receives one of highest ratings; even higher than XLM.

“Bitcoin and litecoin are least likely to fall under securities laws, according to the framework, while XRP is more akin to a security.”

The Crypto Rating Council (CRC) was founded by members from Coinbase, Kraken, Circle, Bittrex and Grayscale.

https://www.cryptoratingcouncil.com/asset-ratings

620FA84D-2755-4529-9BA5-EA6EEBB78ADB.jpeg

"These ratings are the sole and independent work product of the Crypto Rating Council. The ratings and other CRC work product [SIC] are not endorsed by any asset development team or foundation, any regulator, or any other third party. Scores are subject to change at any time without notice."

So a fluctuating rating by a conglomerate of businesses who aren't impartial and have no regulatory authority. 

Look at the EOS rating (3.75). The SEC's decision today clearly states that the ERC-20 token was an unregistered security, but has issued a waiver for Block.One relating to the EOS in it's current form. Apparently the newly formed 'CRC' disagree, indicating that it's still 75% likely to be a security... but that's ok for EOS investors, because as we can see the CRC's rating and reality aren't confluent.

From today's WSJ:

Bitcoin, the most widely traded cryptocurrency, is scored as a 1, participants said. SEC officials have said publicly that bitcoin isn’t a security. XRP, one of the world’s largest cryptocurrencies by market value, scored a 4. 

Some XRP purchasers have sued Ripple Labs Inc., the company behind XRP, alleging the asset was a security that was illegally sold to the public. Ripple has said XRP is a currency and last month asked a federal judge to dismiss the lawsuit.

“It’s great that a number of private companies” believe XRP is not a security, said Ripple Chief Executive Brad Garlinghouse. “However, we still need U.S. regulatory clarity to move the industry forward.”

And says a comment:

Take this example: XRP, which is currently traded on Coinbase, gets a rating of 4.00/5.00 which -- if I understand the ranking system correctly -- means the token has many of the attributes of a security. So why does Coinbase decide to (continue to) support this asset? 

@codiusrex given the statement of the Financial Conduct Authority that XRP is not a security and the fact that the FCA and SEC have signed updated supervisory cooperation arrangements, do you think it's likely that the SEC will ever view XRP as a security?

2 hours ago, codiusrex said:

XRP receives one of highest ratings; even higher than XLM

Amazing even higher than XLM. Sky is the limit then :)

Posted (edited)

SEC’s hammer was made of cotton balls. And we saw that yesterday.

Eos was security but 25million settled every trouble in the future. 

This is green light for the market. 

Edited by quan

I've had to put two horses down over the past three years due to old age and injury. I don't go to their grave and try to beat them in order to get'em moving again. I let them rest. I let the grass over their graves and remember both the joy and frustration they brought throughout their lives. I think sometimes you just got to let them lay down and enjoy the peace of sleep.

Stellar presents itself as a non profit organisation what could give them an edge. That does make me wonder what they do exactly with all those XLM they sell in the markets. Is it escrowed?

Its not invested in any eco system as far as I can tell because progress seems to be zero.

Posted (edited)

I my humble opinion,

CRC=group of idiots who has no idea on the legal landscape. 

CRC already lost their credibility on the first day of the launch by giving EOS score of 3.75 on the same day SEC announced EOS was a security. 

The leader of the idiots, Coinbase just demonstrated its stupidity again since it called xrp a security 2years ago. 

Funny how Coinbase tries to act smart and important but always turns out to reveal how thoughtless they are. 

Edited by quan

Today's EOS settlement apparently "resolves all ongoing matters between Block.one and the SEC".

This ruling of course completely undermines anything on the CRC website. 

It also sets a precedent for XRP since both are utility tokens. The only remaining potential issue I can think of would relate to the amount of XRP held by the founders of XRP / Ripple compared to the amount of EOS held by the founders of EOS / Block.one. I don't have this data to compare - if anyone has the info please post here.

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Stellar presents itself as a non profit organisation what could give them an edge. That does make me wonder what they do exactly with all those XLM they sell in the markets. Is it escrowed?

Its not invested in any eco system as far as I can tell because progress seems to be zero.

I moved the bulk of my stellar investment back to XRP because as you have said there is literally nothing on stellar, which is kind of scary if your invested heavily.  I mean no news at all.  It's almost like their pending their survival on the news of other DA's such as XRP. I guess they feel if XRP makes it stellar will be dragged along which could be the case.  I'm hoping both do well but stellar has been scaring me as of late and with Jeb's shady background added into the mix you can see why.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

@codiusrex given the statement of the Financial Conduct Authority that XRP is not a security and the fact that the FCA and SEC have signed updated supervisory cooperation arrangements, do you think it's likely that the SEC will ever view XRP as a security?

According to a couple of Yale grads who studied the subject, I’d ask why so many try to fit crypto into a box labeled, “security” or “currency” or “commodity” if they are not exposed to the same common economic factors of stocks, currencies, and precious metals?

If Digital Assets are uncorrelated, then they could be in their own asset class all together.

An org like the CRC is misaligned with the crypto market unless it champions an explainable platform that promotes DAs as their own asset class instead of perpetuating an argument based on inapposite DA comparisons to securities, currencies and commodities.

6DB1BF05-96E4-4939-B295-96E23437FABC.jpeg

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

I moved the bulk of my stellar investment back to XRP because as you have said there is literally nothing on stellar, which is kind of scary if your invested heavily.  I mean no news at all.  It's almost like their pending their survival on the news of other DA's such as XRP. I guess they feel if XRP makes it stellar will be dragged along which could be the case.  I'm hoping both do well but stellar has been scaring me as of late and with Jeb's shady background added into the mix you can see why.

Just to add up to your knowledge, 

In order for financial institutions to use xlm, compliance is needed and  since Stellar foundation is not a company for profit the user have to apply for the compliance themselves. 

Xlm is made for small companies but due to the expensive compliance fee, small companies cant even attempt to use it. Very ironic asset Jed has made again. 

He has always been making awkward result: Edonkey banned for stealing creators intellectual property, and Mountain Gox hacking due to the lack of security. 

This time he betrayed ripple and made stellar, a digital asset without compliance. 

Stellar’s only plan is to hope to be drag up with other successful digital assets by luck. 

Edited by quan

6 minutes ago, quan said:

Just to add up to your knowledge, 

In order for financial institutions to use xlm, compliance is needed and  since Stellar foundation is not a company for profit the user have to apply for the compliance themselves. 

Xlm is made for small companies but due to the expensive compliance fee, small companies cant even attempt to use it. Very ironic asset Jed has made again. 

He has always been making awkward result: Edonkey banned for stealing creators intellectual property, and Mountain Gox hacking due to the lack of security. 

This time he betrayed ripple and made stellar, a digital asset without compliance. 

Stellar’s only plan is to hope to be drag up with other successful digital assets by luck. 

That is the impression I am getting.