If YouTube was nice they can immediatly ban all subscribers which are fake, they are bought on the internet.

User just started a new stream so above link doesn't work anymore

Please report: www.youtube.com/channel/UCrxuBLE3GhGJgast3MB1w2Q (THIS IS A FAKE RIPPLE ACCOUNT)

Seems 20k xrp already stolen in a few hours, sigh

A part is send to Binance with tag 103998310 , another part to Binance with tag 104075457
https://bithomp.com/explorer/F805D7F4EFEFCB87D31FA51FA5AA3CFFBE61BD2DADC0771BB912CFF372E7AA87
https://bithomp.com/explorer/33FDBEE7B3FD2959CCB1400FDCA7EA6A2275F6AB7E43A72F9CC26A49DF410DCF

Edited by mike91

How is this stream still up? I hope Cinnamon Video gets better detection of fake subscribers and better complaint response. In a world of AI and proactive risk detection the tech giants are still poor at using it

Current address:

rUd2331drCFxrF2dM7yj2HQNFiQqApbUqt

Edited by mike91

The same scammer is back in a livestream at youtube, copying the identity of Brad in account profile.

Ripple address mentioned: rG5yJ5CoGQrjdVA1xpWMq1Y6ntmm88p7Ey

They included a link to show the 'balance' which is bithomp dot IO WHICH IS A FAKE BITHOMP SITE.

The actual balance is 30406 xrp at the moment so again there seems to be victims in the last few days.

Edit:

Also another livestream now restreaming the Alex Cobb stream. 'Giveaway' address: ra6AZFWNZ5MHgYqonDzsGTHe7dV6tTsGPc

Again with a fake Brad Garlinghouse account with 11k subscribers ... sigh

Edit 24h later:

Scamstreams continue and many reports and YouTube does NOTHING.

For archival, link to scammer channel: youtube dot com/channel/UCEj0KFkQtkYshC7TCCIqz7Q
Account copied Brads photo and name, 185k subscribers, unbelievable Twitter doesn't recognize such abnormal account behaviour.

(SCAM, QUOTED HERE FOR ARCHIVAL) To celebrate the global power of #XRP and #Swell2019 we are proud to announce initiating the airdrop pool of 100,000,000 XRP!! You can check giveaway address for balance: bit dot ly/rippleswell

(DO NOT SEND ANYTHING, SCAM) rN8Gwr1EDYcfnLUYQ7QhqGSQMhGeu6yhR6

Ripple company celebrates a start of Ripple DEX & upcoming network upgrade In order to be eligible, users must have minimum 1 000 XRP during the competition period. Competition rules: To participate you just need to send between 1 000 XRP to 100 000 XRP to the contribution address and we will immediately send you back between 10 000 XRP to 1 000 000 XRP to the address you sent it from. If you send 1 000 XRP, you will be airdropped 10 000 XRP back. If you send 5 000 XRP, you will be airdropped 50 000 XRP back. +10% bonus If you send 10 000 XRP, you will be airdropped 100 000 XRP back. +20% bonus If you send 50 000 XRP, you will be airdropped 500 000 XRP back. +30% bonus If you send 100 000 XRP, you will be airdropped 1 000 000 XRP back +50% bonus You can use any wallet or exchange.If you send from an exchange please use your destination tag and we can indicate you! If you are late, your XRP will be instantly refunded. All persons are able to participate, including the users in the United States. The competion will last until all the 10 000 000 XRP are airdropped You can participate only once!!! Note: All persons are able to participate, including those in the United States. The competition will last until the entirety of the 10,000,000 XRP held in the airdrop-funds have been released. If you are late, your XRP will be instantly refunded. Thanks, Ripple and Brad Garlinghouse

Edited by mike91

this is still going on. it's both sickening and astounding how much much these scams make. wallets with 100k stolen  xrp are not uncommon. i guess youtube cannot do much about it 

Yesterday I fall in this trap. I saw some advertise in facebook (the account in fcb: https://www.facebook.com/XRP-News-Updates-101345038044211/), which throw me here -> The scam video was public here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWiHcakQgxw&fbclid=IwAR2Af3WHWh3NIlK-2_7b00f-aCZKQ5Q_ODWRunRkmcZwVmzFAapmRyED3u8 like live stream interview with the CEO of Ripple and they were talking about "XRP Airdrops" and the future of Ripple. The XRP address of the scammers was:  rJf5JLtLVgptvFuR7T8w3rVperLsNRARKs  with Destination tag: 104123665  I send 11111 XRP from my XRP Wallet: r3YVKr9cBGjg1czUEWTn5bgVbXtUFHEALh and I lost my coins. Can I do something to get my coins back?

Transaction Details 1.jpg

Transaction Details 2.jpg

Transaction Details 3.jpg

Transaction Details 4.jpg

Edited by hstefanov

This is the answer from Binance:

Dear user,

Thank you for reaching out to report this incident.

We regret to inform you that there are no coins left in the relevant Binance account.

Our policy regarding funds that have been scammed requires us to work with your local authorities to help investigate the case. If you have not done so, please file a police report or cyber-crime report so that you may receive assistance as soon as possible.

Once law enforcement is ready to speak with us, please request that they open a support ticket, using their official e-mail address (they do not need to register an account), and provide the following:

1) A copy of the police report, including a reference to the e-mail address you used to open this ticket.
2) An official document detailing the information requested from Binance, including a case number and signature of the investigating officer.

We will review the information and let them know if we require any further details.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,
Binance Support Team

I am very embarrassed that I fell for this scam. However, I was scammed by a YouTube ad posted on a verified channel.  The video was streaming for 4 hours.  I trusted YouTube and YouTube's policy of rules and regulations.  YouTube states in their policy that "YouTube doesn’t allow spam, scams, or other deceptive practices that take advantage of the YouTube community. We also don’t allow content where the main purpose is to trick others"

I fault YouTube for negligence in not policing the content on its site.  Unfortunately, I can't sue the scam artist. I am alleging that in running the scam ads the company is negligent.

YouTube, has failed as a gatekeeper to protect its users.

Google – YouTube’s parent company – notably moved in March to ban cryptocurrency ads. 

Google, the largest provider of digital advertising on the internet, announced on Tuesday that it plans to change its advertising policy for certain financial services, including cryptocurrencies, starting in June. The new restriction would apply both to space on Google’s platforms, like YouTube, and to third-party websites where Google sells advertising space.

In January 2019, Google spokesperson Elijah Lawal made a statement:

"Because we want the ads people see on Google to be useful and relevant, we take immediate action to prevent fake and inappropriate ads. We have a tool where anyone can report these ads and these complaints are reviewed manually by our team. In 2017, we removed 3.2 billion bad ads and we’re constantly updating our policies as we see new threats emerge.”

Unfortunately,  these ads are still running and luring hundreds if not thousands of victims.

PLEASE REMOVE THESE ADS AND PROTECT YOUR USERS!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

I got scamd today, i got airdrop today and got nothing back, live xrp news on youtube got   address where i need to send 1000 xrp i  get should have back 10,000, got nothing.

I'm so stupid🙂

Edited by Mati1980