Blur93

Has anyone looked at the new updates to Ripples website? No mention anywhere of xVia, xCurrent, or xRapid. Only RippleNet and “On Demand Liquidity”

4 hours ago, codiusrex said:

Website updated EXCEPT their XRP page — still black-themed old page that’s been there for a long time.

Too bad @Ripple could not include XRP in the website update.

Seemed very odd to someone else I showed it to recently.

https://www.ripple.com/xrp/

It has been updated, there's no mention of XRapid or XCurrent on it - just RippleNet and the odd liquidity statement.

My assumption would be it's branded differently - the black colouring etc - to separate it more from the other Ripple-focused parts of the site.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, quan said:

I never liked the name of the products anyways. Xvia, xcurrent, xrapid sounded like marvel characters.

On Demand Liquidity sounds great and easier to understand intuitively.  

yes it is a really good move to change to using this term, it has great resonance.  It is also generic, not product.  Attach your product to the generic is a really cool move

Edited by Julian_Williams

8 hours ago, Duke67 said:

I think that Ripple feels their solutions can now be finally marketed simply as RippleNet and that XRP is no longer something that "is not wise to mention". Times when they had to disguise their crypto XRP-based system under names like xCurrent or xRapid seem to be over and now it's simple RippleNet.

Excellent news!!:smoke:

at least the FUD articles and btc maxi's can't say now " well their using XCurrent, not XRapid"

They just don't Fuking know!!!

6 hours ago, Cooliozxrp said:

Just a desperate rebrand by ripple, too bad they didn't have a website maintenance instead,that would really drive up the hypers and dream spreaders!

is this the same attitude you live your life by? usually when people don't agree with something, they make conscious efforts to stop contributing resources towards that thing

5 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

at least the FUD articles and btc maxi's can't say now " well their using XCurrent, not XRapid"

They just don't Fuking know!!!

Yes, exactly.

Ripple's 250+ customers are on RippleNet.

Yep. I think they’ve moved to make their site easier for non XRP/Ripple fanatics to understand. For people who are part of their target audience perhaps...?

For those here who love to lambast them for not mentioning XRP you’re going to love this:

https://www.ripple.com/ripplenet/on-demand-liquidity/

“Avoid Pre-Funding With Instant Settlement

International payments, especially in emerging markets, require businesses to hold pre-funded accounts in destination currencies. It’s a costly endeavor that ties up resources.

RippleNet provides an alternative. While any financial institution on the network enjoys reliable, instant and lower-cost transactions, those who use the digital asset XRP to source liquidity can do so in seconds—freeing up capital and guaranteeing the most competitive rates available today.”

Seems like clear communication towards those who can help free up $10T globally sitting idle in nostro vostro accounts by leveraging XRP.