Blur93

Has anyone looked at the new updates to Ripples website? No mention anywhere of xVia, xCurrent, or xRapid. Only RippleNet and “On Demand Liquidity”

www.ripple.com

A whole new design, not seeing anything about the three we know about, xVia, xCureent, or xRapid. Haven’t heard of the “on demand liquidity” thing officially from them, but on the site, MGI says it is utilizing “on demand liquidity”, instead of xRapid like it said before. Anyone think this mean anything? A merger of all three just being called On demand liquidity now?

www.ripple.com
A whole new design, not seeing anything about the three we know about, xVia, xCureent, or xRapid. Haven’t heard of the “on demand liquidity” thing officially from them, but on the site, MGI says it is utilizing “on demand liquidity”, instead of xRapid like it said before. Anyone think this mean anything? A merger of all three just being called On demand liquidity now?

Perhaps psychological? No more talking about one product with and one without XRP. Just one single solution with optional use of crypto bridge...?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

https://www.ripple.com/ripplenet/on-demand-liquidity

Avoid Pre-Funding With Instant Settlement

International payments, especially in emerging markets, require businesses to hold pre-funded accounts in destination currencies. It’s a costly endeavor that ties up resources.

RippleNet provides an alternative. While any financial institution on the network enjoys reliable, instant and lower-cost transactions, those who use the digital asset XRP to source liquidity can do so in seconds—freeing up capital and guaranteeing the most competitive rates available today.

I for one like it. I think the site looks less crypto-ey and more professional. I find it interesting how they have on https://www.ripple.com/ripplenet , Euro, USD, and XRP in the graphic - not exotic corridors like the Philippine whatchamacallit and the Thai thingymajigger. Big boi currencies... Also, note the coverage in the media that the current liquidity issue w.r.t. overnight lending / repo market. I know nothing about it, and it may be irrelevant, but I think the understanding of the term liquidity is becoming more ubiquitous... IMF.. ECB.. there's a global problem which is coming more to the forefront as the other problems get solved (e.g. end user experience is now pretty decent for most people banking or sending payments on their phones etc) so... I think Ripple sees what's coming and is optimizing their appearance appropriately. I wouldn't be surprised if we see "on demand liquidity" being used by more and more institutions in the future...

Edited by DtotheK

I remember hearing over the years about problems with banks not having enough cash on hand, and the fact that the market is built on 2/3 credit. Anyway now there is a way to solve the problem. I hope it is solved and accepted before there is a real problem, with a system that is completely made up out of thin air that people rely on to feed themselves and the people they love.

I vaguely remember this being ultimate intention of Ripple. Creating a product of many facets under the one umbrella product of RippleNet.  

5 hours ago, Blur93 said:

www.ripple.com

What I took from the whole thing is that ripple acquired "On Demand Liquidiy" and O.D.L will implement xrapid. Think of each ripple app like an operating system and xrpl and interledger are the protocols they use to communicate. 

Since Ripple acquired O.D.L they own the product. Now they are pushing ODL maybe instead of rapid but I don't think so. Unless xrapid is now a subset of o.d.l

Money Gram. "We’ve leveraged On-Demand Liquidity on RippleNet to dramatically reduce our operational costs and process global payments at unprecedented speeds."

That's what money gram said? 

xrapid? never heard of it. It's been On demand liquidity the whole time. Must be the mandela effect

Oh that's neat. Ripple is still a growing company, and their services and how to solicit them are also maturing. As a customer, talk to me like I'm 5 and let's ditch the buzzword bingo. 

I think that Ripple feels their solutions can now be finally marketed simply as RippleNet and that XRP is no longer something that "is not wise to mention". Times when they had to disguise their crypto XRP-based system under names like xCurrent or xRapid seem to be over and now it's simple RippleNet.

Excellent news!!:smoke: