tony71

This maybe the catalyst we are waiting for

With repo market being a mess and the feds injecting $75 billion almost daily, this may trigger sooner than we think regulation clarity for Ripple, why? The banks want their idle funds in the nostro vostro accounts free so they do not get caught in the repo martket mess which maybe the cause for the next crash

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/the-repo-markets-a-mess-whats-the-repo-market/2019/09/28/e8fd43b2-e1d8-11e9-be7f-4cc85017c36f_story.html  

I do not think this will have an immediate affect for the usage of digital assets.  The likely hood of digital assets being utilized to increase the amount of cash liquidity to solve what is being treated as a short term problem, is slim considering that the current trajectory is for short-term quantitative easing. That said, if it becomes another financial crisis and we are seeing the beginning of it then one of two things could happen. A digital asset, if agreed upon by the world was utilized to facilitate cross boarder payments, then a financial crisis could be relieved for a short amount of time. ( I don't think that the leadership cares all that much, since they can essentially print as much money as they please). Or a financial crisis occurs and digital assets are put into place after the fact to try to clean up a mess.

Again those are possibilities, if history has anything to say about this the response will be a little to late and exaggerated.  In my personal opinion digital assets will be phased in at some point unknown to all as who knows how regulators function.

Digital assets are being phased in as we speak. Bakkt (a slow 3 phase process but steady), Moneygram (recent Visa and Egypt adoption), Internet of Value initiatives,  Codius related smart contracts for derivatives, Corda settler(with XRP), Temenos with XRP api and much and much more.

To say that "The likely hood of digital assets being utilized to increase the amount of cash liquidity to solve what is being treated as a short term problem, is slim considering that the current trajectory is for short-term quantitative easing." is clearly not understanding the 2008 global financial crash with the USA at that time with a 8 trillion dollar debt level.

At present the USA debt level is 22 trillion dollars and the window of opportunity to solve the present looming liquidity crisis is closing rapidly. All emerging countries have balance of payments problems (e.g. Argentina, Turkey and others with extremely high interest rates..) due to the instability and domination of the US dollar. This must end soon as Trump recently said. "A level playing field will happen sooner than everyone expects".

The USA needs XRP to dig itself out of the debt hole it is presently in.

A digital asset like XRP will prevent or soften a global ICE 9 situation as happened in Cyprus with deposit holders loosing around 48 % of their holdings. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Cypriot_financial_crisis

As Christine Lagarde said herself  (in so many words) in one of her speaches (when she was still leading the IMF)..... if the situation arises 'a supra national digital asset' might be used to create the needed liquidity.

From the article:

"11. What else do investors want the Fed to do?

Many market participants want the Fed to activate a new tool, called a standing overnight repo facility, that it’s been considering. The facility would amount to a standing offer to lend a certain amount of cash to repo borrowers every day. The most drastic step being suggested would be for the Fed to create more bank reserves by expanding its balance sheet and thereby buoying bank reserves. Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said Sept. 18 that the central bank is monitoring when it’s appropriate to start expanding the balance sheet. Jon Hill of BMO Capital Markets said that while the daily intervention has been less than the market wanted, “it’s enough for now.” But Rick Reider, global chief investment officer of fixed income at BlackRock Inc., wrote in a note that “All of this funding market gyration points to the increasingly obvious fact that the end of Fed reserve draining is insufficient to stabilize these markets."

- So my question: What will happen next? Any takers?

Edited by cryptoxrp

OP article and title contain zero reference to XRP — or maybe there is a general assumption in the XRP Community of an XRP connection to every article posted here; eg, a “589” license plate seen on Twitter posted by the XRP Army follows a similar type of confirmation bias. 

Edited by codiusrex

5 hours ago, codiusrex said:

OP article and title contain zero reference to XRP — or maybe there is a general assumption in the XRP Community of an XRP connection to every article posted here; eg, a “589” license plate seen on Twitter posted by the XRP Army follows a similar type of confirmation bias. 

Yes it has zero reference to XRP.   The repo market is running out of cash there is no liquidity, banks need cash daily and other banks do not have the cash to lend them. So Why not use XRP to free up the nostro vostro funds that the banks have and start using those funds,   that is why I posted the article.

15 hours ago, tony71 said:

Yes it has zero reference to XRP.   The repo market is running out of cash there is no liquidity, banks need cash daily and other banks do not have the cash to lend them. So Why not use XRP to free up the nostro vostro funds that the banks have and start using those funds,   that is why I posted the article.

That would be splendid news. Although thinking that this only could be XRP... For all we know there's something else in the making behind the scenes. Not XRP, XLM. BTC, ...

19 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

That would be splendid news. Although thinking that this only could be XRP... For all we know there's something else in the making behind the scenes. Not XRP, XLM. BTC, ...

True.  We never know what it can be. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

Do you really belief that a few FED and SEC civil servants are capable of duplicating what RIpple or BTC and XLM have done? Not in a 1000 years.

Edited by cryptoxrp

15 hours ago, cryptoxrp said:

Do you really belief that a few FED and SEC civil servants are capable of duplicating what RIpple or BTC and XLM have done? Not in a 1000 years.

It's about not being blindsighted for unknowns and accepting/realizing there are or could be competition. This is my main annoyance with the community. It's all black or white, all or nothing, everything revolves around XRP.

As I've already said plenty of times: I believe Ripple and XRP are best positioned at the moment. But that's only from what we can see from the surface/what's on the radar.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

It's about not being blindsighted for unknowns and accepting/realizing there are or could be competition. This is my main annoyance with the community. It's all black or white, all or nothing, everything revolves around XRP.

As I've already said plenty of times: I believe Ripple and XRP are best positioned at the moment. But that's only from what we can see from the surface/what's on the radar.

It is good to be critical. But at this point in time DLT has been chosen by the Central Banks and the Bank of International Settlement (we have all seen BG being groomed in at the Zurich meeting with the central bank governors and the director of the BIS) . There is only one digital asset (XRP) which is years ahead of the competition and native to Ripplenet for atomic settlement. If you can tell me about one asset in the world which has the same global network, widespread adoption, enormous talent pool(at Ripple and ouside supporting the cause), excellent software for banks, widespread initiatives and investments for the Internet of Value then please, please enlighten me.

In the past years I have not encountered such a token or coin. And I have looked and searched.

Edited by cryptoxrp

On 10/2/2019 at 10:48 PM, cryptoxrp said:

It is good to be critical. But at this point in time DLT has been chosen by the Central Banks and the Bank of International Settlement (we have all seen BG being groomed in at the Zurich meeting with the central bank governors and the director of the BIS) . There is only one digital asset (XRP) which is years ahead of the competition and native to Ripplenet for atomic settlement. If you can tell me about one asset in the world which has the same global network, widespread adoption, enormous talent pool(at Ripple and ouside supporting the cause), excellent software for banks, widespread initiatives and investments for the Internet of Value then please, please enlighten me.

In the past years I have not encountered such a token or coin. And I have looked and searched.

From your response I doubt you got the gist of my post.

Looking and searching is not enough. You could have looked before Libra existed and would not be aware of it until it gets announced. Ripple choose the path of being very vocal, a lot of others in the financial industry do the opposite.

As I've already said plenty of times (see above): I believe Ripple and XRP are best positioned at the moment. But that's only from what we can see from the surface/what's on the radar.

Feels lilke you didn't read that either.

29 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

From your response I doubt you got the gist of my post.

Looking and searching is not enough. You could have looked before Libra existed and would not be aware of it until it gets announced. Ripple choose the path of being very vocal, a lot of others in the financial industry do the opposite.

As I've already said plenty of times (see above): I believe Ripple and XRP are best positioned at the moment. But that's only from what we can see from the surface/what's on the radar.

Feels lilke you didn't read that either.

I did read it but from an investor point of view I just not share your opinion.