King34Maine

Ripple’s Xpring Looks to Build XRP DeFi Products With New Acquisition

6 minutes ago, GoldenGoose said:

"With the Logos acquisition, Xpring now has a team of 32 employees, having grown from a team of just two last May."

Yet another acquisition that you would not need to bother completing if your entire raison d'être is merely to scam money from bagholders!

It is completely devoid of any semblance of common sense/reasoning to waste time commenting on a forum that's primarily devoted the very thing(s) one believes to be a scam (i.e. Ripple/XRP). I actually question the sanity of ppl who do this. It would be different if you were making/giving constructive criticism, but just random 'mumbo-jumbo' without any clear reference is a waste of time and life. Honestly, just allow what I just said to marinate in that thing that resides within your skull and between your ears.

25 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

It is completely devoid of any semblance of common sense/reasoning to waste time commenting on a forum that's primarily devoted the very thing(s) one believes to be a scam (i.e. Ripple/XRP). I actually question the sanity of ppl who do this. It would be different if you were making/giving constructive criticism, but just random 'mumbo-jumbo' without any clear reference is a waste of time and life. Honestly, just allow what I just said to marinate in that thing that resides within your skull and between your ears.

I actually agree. My point, however feebly made, was to suggest to the FUDpack that such acquisitions are further evidence that Ripple is a legitimate business making a genuine effort to change the way money is used and value is transferred. Thanks for posting the news.

15 minutes ago, baggy23 said:

Can someone with technical understanding comment on why the acquisition of the logos network makes sense to Ripple?

Not 100% sure what the right answer is here but derivatives/futures/forwards can help institutions hedge against price volatility. So if XRP is being used in cross border payments and the exchange rate of XRP is fluctuating, this could help prevent any slippage during those transactions. At least that's my thought, but anyone feel free to correct me if I'm missing something. It will also add liquidity to XRP, which is basically more buyers and sellers on both sides of trades and from the interviews that I've seen this will help XRP to actually be used in cross border payments. 

45 minutes ago, baggy23 said:

Can someone with technical understanding comment on why the acquisition of the logos network makes sense to Ripple?

Anything to increases usage of the digital asset will make sense in the long run.

34 minutes ago, jag216 said:

Total guess here:

David Schwartz has said in the distant past when asked about anything that he felt most people did not know or understand about XRP and the XRPL that the lending platform was a facet of the ledger that he was very proud of but felt at the time that it was completely underutilized and he hoped that would be something that changed in the near future.

Decentralized finance offerings can possibly do just that, bringing an XRP powered banking experience that is a rapid transfer bank in your pocket/cell phone. Rather than have centralized fractional reserve banking, the system could potentially open the door to earning interest through peer to peer lending that requires nothing more than collateral on offer, smart contracts and a digital wallet. Kava Labs is also in this space - it will be interesting to see if these services compliment or compete.

...You mean the likes of  Nexo or Celsius ? ..  Both platforms currently utilize the ethereum blockchain for their respective tokens.  It would be nice to have an alternative interest earning/lending platform that didn't use ethereum  as it's blockchain becuase it is getting pretty crowded these days..   

8 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I'm beginning to wonder, what (if anything) will move the price.

Nothing will until utility takes hold and makes up the majority of trading besides just speculation... Hopefully there will come a time when people will actually prefer holding XRP to cash .. but that day seems to be really really far off.. if it ever happens..

Edited by richxrp