Hodor

Who is your favorite XRP-related YouTuber?

Bwahahhahaha.

Sorry, Hodor...Let me think about that one. I like a nuanced view, not pumpers......Bob with his Cryptocurrency News Channel tends to have a critical but fair-minded  perspective. He's a trader though, not a hodlr.

I like Tai Zen....a cold hearted trader, but he just put out a video talking about how his team misjudged XRP (failed to appreciate it and therefore lost money by sitting out prior runs)....he is not that well informed on XRP, but it shows how BTC maxis are re-evaluating XRP in recent times

All the "known guys" get the news out.....but I seldom listen to Brad Kimes, Digital Asset investor, Jungle Inc, Alex or any of the more popular ones.

Crypto Eri is very good. I do like her take, and she IS very knowledgable. Of the usual suspects, I like her the best.

People who frequent this site get the same info the Utubers put out without having to listen to long, less-than-unbiased videos.

Hope that helps.

Edited by dr_ed

Crypto Eri, Oz Crypto, and The Working Money Channel.  @Hodor I have always wondered why you don't do youtube vids?  I know it's a lot of garbage in that space but yours would be a welcome ray of light.

Edited by RikkiTikki

Crypto Eri, Kevin Cage, and occasionally Sam I am (To the Lifeboats). I understand that videos over 10 minutes in length help with the monetization, but I don't have the time to listen to 5 minutes of drivel regarding your sons baseball tournament, or the type of brisket you bought the day before.

Edit: TMI as well, always on point-

Edited by PhiGuy

C.K.J crypto news and I'm well aware about the Saint Judes scandal. I'm well aware he isn't the brightest youtuber who misinterprets and mispronounces everything. lol. Still have love for the guy. He's doing what he loves and he works hard.

If you're reading this ckj pm me. I have some rabbit holes for you. 

Edited by jargoman

1 hour ago, princesultan said:

They're officially all bad

I think I've watched most every one that has been mentioned so far....and I pretty much have to agree, although I think many are well intentioned. But  there are a few things about crypto utubers in general that make for problems.

One is that a constant positive spin is necessary to keep and attract viewers. There is no reward for being realistic and circumspect. On the contrary shameless pumping seems to pay well. And being prolific is more important that being right, or accurate.

I also dislike the emphasis on conspiracies, hocus pocus, secret embedded messages, and that kind of juvenile fantasy material, but it sells just fine. Says something about modern culture, I guess.

That's why I have gravitated to listening to traders, who are much more agnostic and reality based than the typical news aggregators. I am a hodlr, but I try to to be a smart, sensible, reality based hodlr. I want to keep up with breaking news and I like to see and hear what's attracting attention in the crypto space, but I see no real benefit in wasting my time listening to people who just want to blow smoke up my @ss. 

There are a few popular ones I won't bother to watch, ever. No need to name names. You probably know. The titles tell me all I need to know.

Some others put up good content, and then ruin it by just as happily dropping into some silly rabbit hole (bear cave?). 

It's mostly about the clicks. The medium is the message, as some old forgotten print media guy once said.

Edited by dr_ed