Jump to content

Sorry for mentioning btc but bare with me


Recommended Posts

Hi all,

I'm a regular watcher of the Kaiser Report, an economic show on RT. They are very proud btc and have been for years. They talk about ethereum with disdain and don't mention xrp at all.

Yesterday's show had a Canadian guy on who runs a site called bitcoin bull...he was saying that Canada has already implemented legislation to give support to btc users...as an xrp hodler I read posts on here, follow the xrp news blah blah blah. ..we are always talking about the need for crypto regulation but having seen that yesterday I was slightly thinking wtf are we waiting for if it's already happened...any insights from Canadians on here would be appreciated, cheers 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't find any source claiming that only BTC is regulated in Canada or that BTC has any special treatment. For now they treat every cryptocurrency the same.

"Canada allows the use of digital currencies, including cryptocurrencies. However, cryptocurrencies are not considered legal tender in Canada. Canada's tax laws and rules, including the Income Tax Act, also apply to cryptocurrency transactions. ... The law is not yet in force, pending issuance of subsidiary regulations." 

BTC lovers will hype BTC
XRP lovers will hype XRP
ETH lovers will hy..... etc etc

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orby said:

Hi all,

I'm a regular watcher of the Kaiser Report, an economic show on RT. They are very proud btc and have been for years. They talk about ethereum with disdain and don't mention xrp at all.

Yesterday's show had a Canadian guy on who runs a site called bitcoin bull...he was saying that Canada has already implemented legislation to give support to btc users...as an xrp hodler I read posts on here, follow the xrp news blah blah blah. ..we are always talking about the need for crypto regulation but having seen that yesterday I was slightly thinking wtf are we waiting for if it's already happened...any insights from Canadians on here would be appreciated, cheers 

you missed the perfect opportunity to name the title "bear* with me" :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Orby said:

Lol....too obvious for a boring person like me 

But on topic, did you find any sources that confirm this? Or did you just take a random quote in a youtube video blindly for granted?

The point of investing is doing research, otherwise my advise to you is not to invest. This is not investment advice by the way ;)

Edited by Caracappa
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Caracappa said:

But on topic, did you find any sources that confirm this? Or did you just take a random quote in a youtube video blindly for granted?

The point of investing is doing research, otherwise my advise to you is not to invest. This is not investment advice by the way ;)

I meant to look, meant to explore 50 different sources, articles,  links...then I remembered that I enjoy sex more...cheers for the patronising comments..ever seen Top Gun? Doesn't end well for the goose 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, Orby said:

he was saying that Canada has already implemented legislation to give support to btc users

What does this actually mean though?

BTC is a store of value.  Some shops accept it but basically your coffee will be moldy by the time your payment's confirmed.  In other words, why was BTC even waiting for some green flag from any government? What can't it do now that a government "go ahead" can make it do?

Edited by 2ndtimearound
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2019 at 1:10 PM, 2ndtimearound said:

What does this actually mean though?

BTC is a store of value.  Some shops accept it but basically your coffee will be moldy by the time your payment's confirmed.  In other words, why was BTC even waiting for some green flag from any government? What can't it do now that a government "go ahead" can make it do?

This was entirely my view of things..btc useless for doing over the counter transactions..but it seems like people can buy a coffee with btc now...always thought xrp had something over btc in terms of using it in your local corner shop but not so sure about this now 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.