Tourist use case

Slik

So we drove in to Canada from the US to check out the falls. Hotel wants almost 20% at the front desk to exchange some US dollars for Canadian. Wouldn’t this be a perfect use case for xrp? And how would this work in this case?  How could xrp benefit tourists in cases like this? If it were somehow in an atm the atm owners may still charge a high percentage. Thoughts?

28 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

If you want XRP to be a good investment, you will need to stop wishing it to also serve as a retail currency. Because appreciating assets, which would make it a good investment, also make it a terrible retail currency.  So no, it is not a good use case unless you don’t want to make any money off of XRP. 

You are describing a coin that only works behind the scenes and has no street value. A couple of years ago this was called a “banker’s coin” RL intensely fought against this image for XRP.

Today we now claim it is the only path for success?

It can’t be a world base currency, with absolute liquidity, and at the same time not be worth a gallon of milk, in any country. If banks and FI’s are the only ones using it, simply for ledger services, and balance sheets, XRP will have 0 value on the exchanges.

59 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

You are describing a coin that . A couple of years ago this was called a “banker’s coin” RL intensely fought against this image for XRP.

Today we now claim it is the only path for success?

If banks and FI’s are the only ones using it, simply for ledger services, and balance sheets, XRP will have 0 value on the exchanges.

I never sensed the term "bankers coin" was anything but good, or that Ripple objected to the term.  It always was the regulated fiat to fiat bridge currency coin for fiat to fiat transfer.  Since last year the horizons for XRP have expanded, not contracted, especially as we have begun to understand the bankers coin will provide new opportunities such as streamed liquidity and micropayments across borders.  Ideal for opening up unbanked markets and many high tech industries as well as traditional industries like media, insurance and games.

What all this stuff about "only works behind the scenes and has no street value".  Perhaps you are trying to say that XRP will be so well integrated into the system that it will be under the bonnet of modern technology, and out of sight.  Yes that is true, just like we do not see the processors in our computers or engines under the bonnets of our cars.  But the engines in our cars and processors in our computers are high value business.    XRP is a high value asset for carrying money across borders, the more it carries the higher its price has to be.

The second half of your analysis is so off the wall it is not worth commenting on.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, ringer2 said:

If you want XRP to be a good investment, you will need to stop wishing it to also serve as a retail currency. Because appreciating assets, which would make it a good investment, also make it a terrible retail currency.  So no, it is not a good use case unless you don’t want to make any money off of XRP. 

Can this not also be said about Litecoin and every other crypto currency that is not a stable coin?

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

and confirmed by DS

What's DS?

8 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

If you have not got it yet you never will

Correct because it doesn't follow.

9 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

you really should not be investing in XRP

Correct:
1. it's not an investment
2. I sold all mine ages ago at 1.35!

9 minutes ago, RippleHerToShreds said:

It's not an investment for ANYONE, it's a total punt.

Ahh David Schwartz, that veritable source of objectivity.

David Schwartz is well known for his honesty and intelligence, he also is in the best position to know how the system will work when it starts to get adopted.  There have been many threads debunking your point of view which does not stand up to much scrutiny.  We do not need a re-run just for you.

Punt?  Every investment is a punt if you do not do your own research.

I find your comments very low value, verging on dim.  For this reason I have ignore usered you, so please don't bother to extend this conversation.  I think I speak for most of the rest of the readers when I say your comments are more boring than sceptical.

Edited by Julian_Williams