Sign in to follow this  
IAmATroll

Xpring has invested in Coinme

23 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

Really great project! Financing btc atm (no concrete plan to introduce xrp) is exactly the dream of each xrp investor! Go ahead Xpring... I really love you!!!

I would hope that they have done something similar to what was done with Moneygram, as far as xrp usage/availability. It is a disappointment to not read some concrete attribution. At the same time BTC can run on ILP which uses xrp so maybe it doesn't matter, and will cause a progression to xrp so that there is not possible fault due to redundancy with BTC>XRP>fiat.

Edited by peanut56
spelling/grammer

1 minute ago, peanut56 said:

I would hope that they have done something similar to what was done with Moneygram, as far as xrp usage/availability. It is a disappointment to not he sread some concrete attribution. At the same time BTC can run on ILP which uses xrp so maybe it doesn't matter, and will cause a progression to xrp so that there is not possible fault due to redundancy with BTC>XRP>fiat.

Pls go in twitter and take a look at Coinme replies about "when xrp". If these are the projects selected to let xrp ecosystem flourish...well God help us!

I did not see anything out of the ordinary for twitter on the coinme twitter page, nor it is response. I will continue to look. this is another article about the same story and seems to be a slightly better. https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2019/09/13/1915501/0/en/Coinme-Secures-Commitments-of-1-5M-in-Funding-from-Ripple-s-Xpring-and-Blockchain-Finance-Fund.html

Also Twitter: "where intelligence goes to die".

Edited by peanut56

On 9/14/2019 at 9:12 AM, peanut56 said:

At the same time BTC can run on ILP which uses xrp so maybe it doesn't matter, and will cause a progression to xrp so that there is not possible fault due to redundancy with BTC>XRP>fiat.

Just to be clear...   ILP can use XRP but it can also use any other token or methodology including Carrier Pigeon.  In the very early moments of ILP debut many thought XRP was the ‘native’ currency of ILP.  That is not the case.  Just chiming in to ensure no misunderstanding.

On 9/14/2019 at 8:50 AM, Yodaxrp said:

Financing btc atm (no concrete plan to introduce xrp) is exactly the dream of each xrp investor!

I understand your point but perhaps there is a general misperception of what Xpring is all about.

Ripple have often said that if Twitter was created as a technology but the Internet hadn’t evolved then it would fail.  Twitter only works if all of the rest of the otherwise-unrelated components of the ecosystem exists.  Browsers, ISPs, infrastructure, Email, Video Streams...  all unrelated directly to Twitter but a necessary part of the environment that allows Twitter to thrive.

Now Xpring uses a small portion of that enormous war chest that Ripple were gifted (and therefore costs them essentially nothing) to encourage growth in the components of the future ecosystem that XRP will thrive in.  If you examine each investment with a ‘does it immediately use XRP’ mindset you will have missed the point.

The ‘rising tide floats all boats’ and ‘grow the pie’ analogies are very very applicable.  It’s easy to lose sight of that in an accountants close examination of ‘what was my instant return on investment’ viewpoint.

I do not know what method Ripple use to determine who to invest with but I believe they are smart and have ultimate goals in mind as they do it.  It’s easy to poke fun at the initial steps but it might be missing the forest for the trees.

9 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Now Xpring uses a small portion of that enormous war chest that Ripple were gifted (and therefore costs them essentially nothing) to encourage growth in the components of the future ecosystem that XRP will thrive in.  If you examine each investment with a ‘does it immediately use XRP’ mindset you will have missed the point

I have another opinion, but I respect yours Tiny. I really appreciate Ripple tech side, but in my humble opinion the management stuff is not what it should be, this starting from the "trainer". If you want to long btc (you know who I'm talking about) fair enough, but it's not the reason why I invested in xrp.