Sign in to follow this  
Truckdriver

Brads Garlinghouse interview with J Chatterley CNN

2 minutes ago, Molten said:

She asked some good questions.  He dodges like a politician these days.  It felt a little disingenuous when he directly quoted Coinmarketcap daily volumes in defending the question about Ripple manipulating the price.

I agree with all three of your points.  

I would add two more...  the editing of the clip leaves me with questions about why he was suddenly cut.  And the second point is that despite what I hear some say,  he did not say they sold at any discount...  she did,  and then his response was edited.

To be honest I’m rather disappointed with her interview and also a part of his response.

I would like to see a complete end to end non-cut version if it ever comes to light.

2 minutes ago, Molten said:

I am obviously no XRP detractor, but I found this interview to be less than comforting.

I understand your view but I wasn’t looking for comfort...  I’m already comfortable that everything is proceeding...  where it ends up is still anyone’s guess.

I just don’t like to see any disingenuous dodging like I saw there.  I haven’t noticed that ever before.  I would have preferred a straightforward acceptance of the fact that yes Ripple COULD manipulate price but doesn’t.  That it is actively working towards a future where they are a less significant holder.

Also a straightforward acceptance of the fact that banks aren’t onboard with XRapid yet but will be at some point in the future.

Sliding around those points disappointed me but I understand why he thinks he needs to do so.  The reason is because most of this market is still made of immature emotional investors who know next-to-nothing about the realities.  Crypto-kiddies to give them a pejorative name. 

I also question what was done with the editing...  it could be benign or it could have been manipulative.

2 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I would have preferred a straightforward acceptance of the fact that yes Ripple COULD manipulate price but doesn’t.  That it is actively working towards a future where they are a less significant holder.

He cannot say that. Ripple simply by being the biggest bag holder by a considerable margin unavoidably manipulates the price via action or inaction each day.

6 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

He cannot say that. Ripple simply by being the biggest bag holder by a considerable margin unavoidably manipulates the price via action or inaction each day.

I must respectfully disagree.  Yes he can say that.  Only if you take a wildly extreme version of the word ‘manipulate’ could you infer that simply having the bag is manipulating.

You are correct though that both action and inaction can affect price...  but Ripple have shown good stewardship so far and arguably could be said to be treading the path of least effect on price.  No reasonable entity could ask more of them.

13 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I must respectfully disagree.  Yes he can say that.  Only if you take a wildly extreme version of the word ‘manipulate’ could you infer that simply having the bag is manipulating.

You are correct though that both action and inaction can affect price...  but Ripple have shown good stewardship so far and arguably could be said to be treading the path of least effect on price.  No reasonable entity could ask more of them.

Well sir, I'll have to respectfully disagree with your disagreement! :lol:

"Manipulation" is vague and unavoidable, plus the same action/inaction would be classed as positive or negative depending on what stake you had in the game. Besides, "manipulating" the price (legally and ethically) upwards is pretty much the purpose of Ripple and Brads job!

The question should have been maybe along the lines of is Ripple deliberately suppressing the price through dumping... which would be a question Brad could answer if he wanted.

Ripple have two options at any given moment. Sell, creating downwards price pressure (simple supply and demand), or hodl. Unfortunately hodl is not creating upwards price pressure due to lack of scarcity (currently).

Come back to the point (and I'm sure we've had this discussion a few times) that you have to have faith that the short term pain is worth the long term gain. In my view that looks like Ripple holding a lot less of the total supply of XRP, to enable better things in the future. Ofcourse Brad can't really say 'yes, we're dumping... but bear with us, you'll understand when you older it was for the greater good':biggrin:

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

I would like to see a complete end to end non-cut version if it ever comes to light.

That was an issue being recorded alright Tiny, editing interrupts the flow of an interview. She did asked some hard questions which i liked also she obviously went off her Twitter feed to get questions which is questionable e,g mentioning bitlord for f sake that was a waste of airtime. I was certainly not 100 % happy with the interview but that has not changed my attitude towards XRP or Ripple 

I wasn't too happy with the interview. I thought he could've fielded the questions more direct and detailed; I think he skirted around the main FUD/concerns/whatever from the crypto community at large.

Could be the editing, who knows. I'm still as optimistic as always.

To be fair, the questions essentially came from random Twitter accounts ran by whiny Bitconners so I don't think that effort helped. CNN stooped to their level rather than doing any real journalism.

Edited by mrhat75

1 hour ago, mrhat75 said:

To be fair, the questions essentially came from random Twitter accounts ran by whiny Bitconners so I don't think that effort helped. CNN stooped to their level rather than doing any real journalism.

I don't know about that. I hold 0 Bitcoin, but as a holder of XRP I felt like the questions that were asked were important insight into my investment. Its a shame the responses lacked any real substance.

Maybe the parts that were filmed and cut out from the clips posted are the real important answers, and that was intentional. Perhaps those full versions are being shared with a private audience, and both CNN and Ripple are aware of this.