Sign in to follow this  
BruceWhale

Sibos 2019 Discussion

17 hours ago, panmores said:

Of course you can say this is nonsense

It’s definitely nonsense.   :) 

17 hours ago, panmores said:

it's however the only logical explanation as of why good news have no impact whatsoever on price.

The bold is WHY it is nonsense.   Your conspiracy theory is NOT the only explanation.  If you think it is then you haven’t understood much at all about this market.

16 hours ago, lucky said:

I have another logical explanation: we have not yet seen any good news at all.  For years already.

This is certainly a good and possible explanation although it depends on what you consider good news.  I think it’s good news when Ripplenet grows and when UK creates regulatory certainty etc.   

But others won’t consider it good news until the final pieces of the whole puzzle are in place and utility at volume becomes fully apparent.  The thing about that is unfortunately by then the market has started to wake up and bargains aren’t as much available.

I’m really tired of seeing close minded conspiracy theorists dead certain that Ripple are pulling strings and controlling price when there are plenty of other more rational explanations.  It’s like saying that it’s obvious the Sun revolves around the Earth because you can see it doing so.  But the reality is more subtle than short simplistic answers.

24 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

It’s definitely nonsense.   :) 

The bold is WHY it is nonsense.   Your conspiracy theory is NOT the only explanation.  If you think it is then you haven’t understood much at all about this market.

This is certainly a good and possible explanation although it depends on what you consider good news.  I think it’s good news when Ripplenet grows and when UK creates regulatory certainty etc.   

But others won’t consider it good news until the final pieces of the whole puzzle are in place and utility at volume becomes fully apparent.  The thing about that is unfortunately by then the market has started to wake up and bargains aren’t as much available.

I’m really tired of seeing close minded conspiracy theorists dead certain that Ripple are pulling strings and controlling price when there are plenty of other more rational explanations.  It’s like saying that it’s obvious the Sun revolves around the Earth because you can see it doing so.  But the reality is more subtle than short simplistic answers.

Others get tired of the unwavering apologists always having an excuse for everything Ripple does. Face it, XRP is or was financing most of Ripple's operations. And of course the earth is flat, depending on where you're looking from.

On 9/12/2019 at 12:16 PM, lucky said:

I have another logical explanation: we have not yet seen any good news at all.  For years already. No certainty about the legal status of XRP in the USA, no proof that XRP will actually be used  mainstream. That means that, for all we know, the project can still blow up in smoke. Tried, failed. Still waiting for the confirmation of actual usage, and seeing proof of that on the ledger.

This is something that's not appreciated in this community: telling that XRP is a bigger risk than they're portraying and that it could as well go totally south.

But let me get my positive pants on: SBI said they will be using XRP for cross-border transactions and MGI is using XRP on the ledger.
I have to say that's very positive news in my eyes. Let's see if they can fire up more corridors. That would prove it's beneficial and might trigger others to start using xRapid as well.
So I'd wait another Q or 2 and see where we are at that time.

But having the legal status not cleared up could allow competitors to catch up with Ripple and XRP (again something that's not appreciated when you say it). I hoped this would be resolved last year but obviously I've been way to positive on that :)

1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:

This is something that's not appreciated in this community: telling that XRP is a bigger risk than they're portraying and that it could as well go totally south.

But let me get my positive pants on: SBI said they will be using XRP for cross-border transactions and MGI is using XRP on the ledger.
I have to say that's very positive news in my eyes. Let's see if they can fire up more corridors. That would prove it's beneficial and might trigger others to start using xRapid as well.
So I'd wait another Q or 2 and see where we are at that time.

But having the legal status not cleared up could allow competitors to catch up with Ripple and XRP (again something that's not appreciated when you say it). I hoped this would be resolved last year but obviously I've been way to positive on that :)

A lot of things *should* happen over the course of the next 16 months. If we're still in the same boat after all of that, then it might be a failed project. With the late 2019 MG talk and everything SBI has said (no timeline), if we don't see much higher volumes, more XRP using customers, and more corridors, I'll be concerned.

I'm going to let the cards fall where they may and reevaluate at the end of 2020. Can't get too concerned until then as awesome as it would be to hit $10 in an end of year bull run.

Edited by mrhat75