liquid153

Mastercard & R3 to build new Blockchain based solution

10 minutes ago, liquid153 said:

Mastercard, R3 to build new blockchain-based solution for overseas payments

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/39329/mastercard-r3-to-build-new-blockchain-based-solution-for-overseas-payments/

Do all roads lead to XRP?

Could be, I'm pretty sure MC will want to utilize the most cost effective, efficient, fast, and safe method for settlement with that said it bodes well for XRP.

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/mastercard-and-r3-partner-to-develop-new-blockchain-powered-cross-border-payments-solution/

"Earlier this year, Mastercard strengthened its cross-border network reach with its acquisition of Transfast. Today’s announcement complements the company’s formidable capabilities by providing access to R3’s Corda ecosystem, which includes more than 300 of the world’s leading financial services firms, technology companies, central banks, regulators and trade associations."

8 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

https://newsroom.mastercard.com/press-releases/mastercard-and-r3-partner-to-develop-new-blockchain-powered-cross-border-payments-solution/

a new blockchain-enabled cross-border payments solution that will initially focus on connecting global faster payments infrastructures, schemes and banks supported by a clearing and settlement network operated by Mastercard.

Does "clearing and settlement network operated by Mastercard" negate xRapid & XRP?

1 minute ago, liquid153 said:

Does "clearing and settlement network operated by Mastercard" negate xRapid & XRP?

They wouldn't need R3's Corda if it did. So, no! It's much more logical to assume that it accelerates its use.

From the article it is difficult to distinguish what the plans actually are. We know they are using Corda, which can utilize xrp, but it  does not have to. The quote

"Payments giant Mastercard has partnered with enterprise blockchain firm R3 to develop and pilot a new blockchain-based solution for cross-border payments." raises the ?. Is new from the ground up or "new" as in on top of a system that is relatively new as far as the money is concerned.

I look at Corda as a crate engine, I hope they are bolting on ripple products and then bolting on their own tech.

I don't know, I just don't want to hype or fud. It is definitely  something to keep an eye on.

1 hour ago, liquid153 said:

kI don't think transfast is for settlement they are a money transfer service company

transfast is just that Money Transfer they don't have instant liquidity.  I would think MC is looking to take advantage of a product offering instant liquidity I can't see any other reason R3 partnership, it also gives them the advantage of indirectly using XRP if need be without bearing the brunt of negative effects of regulation if it's deemed a security or what not and they won't have to deal directly with exchanges as this will be R3's responsibility.  I'm not saying they will use XRP but the logistics of this move would lead you to believe it's in their sights. I think companies will use R3 initially who feel a little skidish about directly touching crypto. It's getting to the point where many are capable of doing faster transfers per say but who can supply on demand liquidity?? The field really narrows once that aspect is added and how liquid you are at any given time is a big plus.

Edited by RikkiTikki

R3 is probably dumping xrp according to some restrictive contract in order not to ruin the market completly. They’re still getting 2500% return (first agreement was made when xrp value was 0,005 $). That’s the simplest (and i really hope wrong) explanation.

6 minutes ago, pulstar said:

R3 is probably dumping xrp according to some restrictive contract in order not to ruin the market completly. They’re still getting 2500% return (first agreement was made when xrp value was 0,005 $). That’s the simplest (and i really hope wrong) explanation.

Explanation for what???? What does that have to do with this subject??? You went out your way to post that, talk about going out on a wild ass tangent.  Did you even take into consideration SBI is R3's largest shareholder?  I'm sure they would have a lot to say about dumping XRP

Edited by RikkiTikki

9 hours ago, pulstar said:

As @RikkiTikki says above,  that is a very strange thing to raise in this context.  

Also it’s wrong.  

Just because the original agreement had a  specific price and amount does NOT mean the settlement matches those conditions.  

Indeed it would be strange and surprising if it did.  R3 were in a weak position in that case and likely settled for much less XRP valued at a proper market price.