Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Great write up. I had a thought recently, slightly off-topic of this current blog. The president and CEO of SBI (Yoshitaka Kitao) has always been very open publicly about their intention to use XRP for remittances/trade and overtake Swift. He also recently started paying dividends in XRP. It is clear that he is far more vocal about his optimism for the digital asset than anyone located in the US. Could this be because he is aware of the positive economic impacts he knows is coming for the individuals and companies that hold XRP? Perhaps he wants as many citizens as possible to be aware of XRP and "in" it before it begins to gain traction?

I compare this thought to the increase in media presence recently from Ripple/Brad (CNN, Wall Street Journal, etc.). Perhaps the US is what is holding everything up, and is also why Ripple is hesitant to champion XRP to the public similarly to how Yoshitaka is? Just a thought..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XRPboi said:

Great write up. I had a thought recently, slightly off-topic of this current blog. The president and CEO of SBI (Yoshitaka Kitao) has always been very open publicly about their intention to use XRP for remittances/trade and overtake Swift. He also recently started paying dividends in XRP. It is clear that he is far more vocal about his optimism for the digital asset than anyone located in the US. Could this be because he is aware of the positive economic impacts he knows is coming for the individuals and companies that hold XRP? Perhaps he wants as many citizens as possible to be aware of XRP and "in" it before it begins to gain traction?

I compare this thought to the increase in media presence recently from Ripple/Brad (CNN, Wall Street Journal, etc.). Perhaps the US is what is holding everything up, and is also why Ripple is hesitant to champion XRP to the public similarly to how Yoshitaka is? Just a thought..

I would love to see the over-all communities thoughts on this.

My personal opinion is that YES the USA could be doing more to drive/support the XRP echo-system.  @Ripplecould be more vocal and drive greater PR for XRP........BUT,  I think their current approach is "By Design"...... I truly feel that we are rapidly approaching the tipping point when all hell breaks loose and XRP gets the global attention in an explosive way.  This could be regulation, could be high profile adoption, could be ?????  But I am thankful its still at a bargain as I continue to fill my bags.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you show the IoV project just goes on expanding and expanding at a very rapid rate.

Last night I was watching on television a program about Steve Jobs.  Apple 2 sales were slipping and the company's finances was going downhill.  They needed a replacement product.  Steve Jobs put all the resources of the company into developing the mac with its revolutionary use of a mouse and icons .   They scheduled the new product to take a  year to develop, in the end it took three years.  People who get all heated because Brad has been overoptimistic in his predictions should reflect that the development of the IoV is a task many times bigger.  The innovation and speed of development has been breathtaking.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

As you show the IoV project just goes on expanding and expanding at a very rapid rate.

Last night I was watching a program about Steve Jobs on television.  Apple 2 sales were slipping and the company's finances was going downhill.  They needed a replacement product.  Steve Jobs put all the resources of the company into developing the mac with its revolutionary use of a mouse and icons .   They scheduled the new product to take a  year to develop, in the end it took three years.  People who get all heated because Brad has been overoptimistic in his predictions should reflect that the development of the IoV is a task many times bigger.  The innovation and speed of development has been breathtaking.

and I keep accumulating 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, XRPboi said:

He also recently started paying dividends in XRP. It is clear that he is far more vocal about his optimism for the digital asset than anyone located in the US. Could this be because he is aware of the positive economic impacts he knows is coming for the individuals and companies that hold XRP? Perhaps he wants as many citizens as possible to be aware of XRP and "in" it before it begins to gain traction?

My gut feeling (no source) is that XRP is owned by SBI's CEO and others, in addition to SBI.  And ...  SBI owns 11% of Ripple.  That's enough for a board position for them, and my guess is that their interests align quite closely with Ripple's.  They want to see XRP adopted for those reasons, IMO. 

 

2 hours ago, XRPboi said:

also why Ripple is hesitant to champion XRP to the public similarly to how Yoshitaka is?

Ha!  You noticed this too?  I've wondered the same thing quite a bit; I think it's due to the fact that Ripple is still treading carefully until their legal actions are resolved.  But of course i could be wrong on that; perhaps a lawyer here on the forum can weigh in on it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DannyRipple said:

Yes, a lack of a clear regulatory environment has kept Iov anchored for the most part throughout the western world. I want to believe it’s only a matter of time until the US gets moving too but it still feels like it could be another year or two

I don't think so,  the businesses that will be affected by foreign competition are pushing hard for clarity in regulations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

The innovation and speed of development has been breathtaking.

Thanks for that reminder about the time frames even Apple was subject to; while their turnaround time has benefitted from advancements in various areas, new products, technology, and solutions take serious time to shake out the bugs and get to a 'ready-to-easily-use' point. 

I'd love to hear from bank technology employees that have interacted with integration of the RippleNet technology stack; that would really answer a lot of question.  Also it would be great if we could get @BobWay to comment on this topic too.  :JC_thinking: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I don't think so,  the businesses that will be affected by foreign competition are pushing hard for clarity in regulations.

I think you're right.  :JC_thinking:

The impacted businesses have already been negatively affected by the existing delay in these regulations.  Because of that, the regulators will be under increasing scrutiny; also, the hearings resulting from Facebook's Libra whitepaper have energized calls for clear regulation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...