tony71

Full Swiss Central Bank Conference Video with Brad

12 hours ago, The-Fake-Andre-Kuipers said:

15:25 

More information about project aber: 

http://www.sama.gov.sa/en-US/News/Pages/news29012019.aspx

Can someone explain to me what they mean with "common digital currency "? 

I think I know but that might just be my personal bias speaking ;)

I understand a CDC as a cross currency or a stablecoin for banks with a relationship and operating within a closed/private environment.

19 hours ago, Archbob said:

I'm pretty sure they mean a stablecoin when they say CDC.

Here is what I do not understand and it may be due to lack of research on my end, how will a central bank digital currency change anything at all from the current system?  What will a canadian stable coin and a singapore stable coin due to benefit the current system any more than the current electronic figures on a computer screen + exchange rates?  It's not like import/exporters are currently running around handing fiat currencies to each other to settle invoices, they all use exchange rates and move numbers around on a screen.  

The only difference a "coin" will make is if it is a neutral asset that all governments can agree upon which is priced against individual currencies.  Imagine if gold could be moved instantaneously to settle up trade on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.  Governments and businesses wouldn't need to worry about well how liquid is this fiat market, what's the current exchange rate of my currency to that currency, etc.  Instead they would exchange their fiat for gold which they would know would be accepted by the other government/business because it is universally priced and accepted due to their being a huge market.

This is the role XRP should fill.  A universally priced asset that can exchange/bridge all fiats instantaneously, ubiquitously, and extremely cheap.

Edited by Bettergoham

2 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

minute 9 skipped over the Narrow Banking section. 

Here is a full video. @Wandering_Dog @tar

Clueless neoclassical economists struggling to understand why their theories aren't reflected in reality. R*, productivity, demographics... ultimately, they are griping onto control of a system that slips further away from them everyday. 

19 hours ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Clueless neoclassical economists struggling to understand why their theories aren't reflected in reality. R*, productivity, demographics... ultimately, they are griping onto control of a system that slips further away from them everyday. 

lol, I still havent listened to the the whole thing, but I'm excited by the idea of Narrow Banking, and CBDC providing some competition to Commercial Banking.