Sign in to follow this  
JBW

SBI CEO “We Will Use The Virtual Currency XRP For Remittance”

2 hours ago, Duke67 said:

That sounds great to me. XRP in use by MoneyTap is a very positive shift.

Crawl. Walk. Run.

Does Ripple becoming a shareholder in MoneyTap have anything to do with MoneyTap choosing to use XRP for remittances? It seems so given the way this is worded.

7 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

Does Ripple becoming a shareholder in MoneyTap have anything to do with MoneyTap choosing to use XRP for remittances? It seems so given the way this is worded.

Do you see that as a problem? 

I see SBI doing as they intended and moving ahead with XRP utilisation, I suspect they may be few more announcements in the coming months. All building to ripples goals for XRP 

Edited by Trentsteel
Short answer

4 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

Do you see that as a problem? 

I see SBI doing as they intended and moving ahead with XRP utilisation, I suspect they may be few more announcements in the coming months. All building to ripples goals for XRP 

I think it would help the public image of XRP if projects and companies began to leverage XRP in their products/processes without Ripple the company having to incentive that to happen (like MG, SBI, and R3). I understand that Ripple is working hard at building an ecosystem; it just makes me cringe when they (or others) try to distance or separate Ripple and XRP in a way that suggests that "if Ripple where to vanish, XRP would continue to grow and flourish anyway."

Edited by XRPboi

53 minutes ago, XRPboi said:

I think it would help the public imagine of XRP if projects and companies began to leverage XRP in their products/processes without Ripple the company having to incentive that to happen (like MG, SBI, and R3). I understand that Ripple is working hard at building an ecosystem; it just makes me cringe when they (or others) try to distance or separate Ripple and XRP in a way that suggests that "if Ripple where to vanish, XRP would continue to grow and flourish anyway."

Public Imagine?? "Um-Yeah!!" "That thing!!" Just fargging with you!! Spellcheck is a hell-uv-a-tool!!

1 hour ago, XRPboi said:

I think it would help the public imagine of XRP if projects and companies began to leverage XRP in their products/processes without Ripple the company having to incentive that to happen (like MG, SBI, and R3). I understand that Ripple is working hard at building an ecosystem; it just makes me cringe when they (or others) try to distance or separate Ripple and XRP in a way that suggests that "if Ripple where to vanish, XRP would continue to grow and flourish anyway."

See, that’s where I feel Ripple are proactively moving ahead rather than waiting for things to fall in to place, relying on regulations ect. This has hindered their adoption over the last 12 months, change tact and move the mountain to where you need it 

Edited by Trentsteel

1 hour ago, XRPboi said:

isn't their war chest for these types of things tho?

1 hour ago, invest2lose said:

isn't their war chest for these types of things tho?

Of course it is. But in this example, the arrangement has been grouped with Ripple the company also becoming a shareholder in MoneyTap as well. Similarly, MoneyGram intends to use XRP in there payment flows, but this deal was executed on the agreement that Ripple take a large stake in the company (with a $50MM draw in equity, if memory serves me correctly).

Don't get me wrong, I think the advancements Ripple is making are great. I just also think it would be really cool to see organizations or projects that choose to integrate & use XRP not because Ripple is also taking a large stake in the prospective company as well, but because XRP is the best option available for speed/liquidity/settlement.

1 hour ago, XRPboi said:

Of course it is. But in this example, the arrangement has been grouped with Ripple the company also becoming a shareholder in MoneyTap as well. Similarly, MoneyGram intends to use XRP in there payment flows, but this deal was executed on the agreement that Ripple take a large stake in the company (with a $50MM draw in equity, if memory serves me correctly).

Don't get me wrong, I think the advancements Ripple is making are great. I just also think it would be really cool to see organizations or projects that choose to integrate & use XRP not because Ripple is also taking a large stake in the prospective company as well, but because XRP is the best option available for speed/liquidity/settlement.

I honestly don't care how they potentially make us rich.