Tripple

Ripple Insights: Speed and Cost of Payments Don’t Need to Be at Odds

"Because these exchanges offer pools of XRP liquidity across the globe"

"in a world experiencing an increasingly fragmented series of payments systems covering domestic and international traditional and non-traditional players and channels"

Pools of liquidity? xPool? This must be the path finding mechanism Bob was talking about along with multi-hop. 

"when XRP is layered into the Interledger Protocol (ILP) XRP enables secure transfers between differing ledgers, and creates seamless integration across systems (think integration into domestic payment schemes for last mile payout)."

It's interesting that they add the last bit. Is Ripple working on a side project that is focused on domestic payments? It would seem so. I initially think of FedNow. 

13 hours ago, ObeyTheWafflehouse said:

"Because these exchanges offer pools of XRP liquidity across the globe"

"in a world experiencing an increasingly fragmented series of payments systems covering domestic and international traditional and non-traditional players and channels"

Pools of liquidity? xPool? This must be the path finding mechanism Bob was talking about along with multi-hop. 

"when XRP is layered into the Interledger Protocol (ILP) XRP enables secure transfers between differing ledgers, and creates seamless integration across systems (think integration into domestic payment schemes for last mile payout)."

It's interesting that they add the last bit. Is Ripple working on a side project that is focused on domestic payments? It would seem so. I initially think of FedNow. 

That's not how I read that last sentence. ILP makes it easier for a bank to directly integrate on the network instead of using another system for last mile payouts (so from exchange to bank account: like RTGS and FAST).

XRP transfers only take 3 seconds. However it takes still 2 minutes for full settlement to complete due to the local rails (as has been reported earlier in tests). Thus I think ILP removes these rails.