elias

What Ripple means when they say a company is "using" XRP

Posted (edited)

It was announced in May 2018 that xPring would invest in companies that would build on the XRPL.
https://www.ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/

"Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger, the open-sourced, decentralized technology behind XRP, to solve their customers’ problems in a transformative way."

Of course it didn't really say they would build anything that would actually require the XRPL. It said they would "use" XRP. It now appears that some of these companies are "using" XRP only so far as they are selling it to fund their businesses that don't actually use the XRPL or have any connection to it.

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse went on Twitter to address the issue

Again he doesn't explicitly say these companies will be building products that use the XRPL.

Now, I can't find anyone from Ripple saying they have changed the idea or focus for xPring.

So when Ripple said in 2018 that "Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger ... " did they actually mean, even back then, that they would just be selling it to fund unrelated enterprises? That seems pretty deceptive to me.

Edited by elias

7 minutes ago, elias said:

It was announced in May 2018 that xPring would invest in companies that would build on the XRPL.
https://www.ripple.com/insights/welcome-to-xpring/

"Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger, the open-sourced, decentralized technology behind XRP, to solve their customers’ problems in a transformative way."

Of course it didn't really say they would build anything that would actually require the XRPL. It said they would "use" XRP. It now appears that some of these companies are "using" XRP only so far as they are selling it to fund their businesses that don't actually use the XRPL or have any connection to it.

Ripple CEO Brad Garlinghouse went on Twitter to address the issue

Again he doesn't explicitly say these companies will be building products that use the XRPL.

Now, I can't find anyone from Ripple saying they have changed the idea or focus for xPring.

So when Ripple said in 2018 that "Every entrepreneur will use the digital asset XRP and the XRP Ledger ... " did they actually mean, even back then, that they would just be selling it to fund unrelated enterprises? That seems pretty deceptive to me.

It seems like , if they have put that much effort into deceiving that many people it can’t possibly be ? Or can it ? 

Let’s just say in ten years time certain leaders are facing the possibility of long jail terms, could moderators of a hypothetical forum that is used as a marking tool that purposely stifle the truth being made public end up also being implicated as accessories to the fraud?

All hypothetical questions of course.

22 minutes ago, TheEmotionalInvestor said:

It seems like , if they have put that much effort into deceiving that many people it can’t possibly be ? Or can it ? 

Let’s just say in ten years time certain leaders are facing the possibility of long jail terms, could moderators of a hypothetical forum that is used as a marking tool that purposely stifle the truth being made public end up also being implicated as accessories to the fraud?

Hahahahahahahha.  Fantastic 12th post!  What are you guys afraid of?  That it’s going to succeed?  What if, in 10 years time, I walk into a bank to “wire” money to Binance US and instead of a SWIFT ABA code, they ask me to touch the biometric fingerprint reader to verify an instant transfer from my crypto asset bank account via RippleNet settled in XRP.... totally hypothetical of course.  Let’s hope your 13th post is better, or at least more convincing from a FUD standpoint.  

34 minutes ago, TheEmotionalInvestor said:

[Barely sentient sentence which introduces uncertainty via broadly opposed conditional statements juxtaposed to induce dissonance and create an opening.]

[Another conditional future possibility with no rational basis, except to subtextually acknowledge that the poster - or posters - do not like that they're occasionally being lightly moderated and find it threatening enough to their agenda - or pay per post/response remuneration model - that they feel it necessary to threaten the moderators.]

[Generic wuss clause/plausible deniability.]

Get new material or get lost.

Well, most xpring invested project were not directly related to XRPL,  were not XRP use case.

Selling XRP to fund their operation ? sounds like another ripple company, but worse as they are not building for XRP. 

Posted (edited)

Uncle Craig made a booboo. Even though uncle Craig might be a fraud, there will be a massive cloud hanging over the industry of 2.5-5 Billion dollars of BTC being dumped in one go over the next years. That is enough to bankrupt all the biggest exchanges in one night when the algos kick inn. Litecoin will be dragged down with it.

Why do the fudsters suddenly crawl out from under the rock? Well, the XRP-Ledger is very scary, not only because is intergrated into the most innovative Fintech revolution since humans began keeping ledgers. It actually does it a lot better.

Do the founders of Ethereum invest in companies not using ERC-20 og ETH? Yes. Do the Winklewoss twins invest in companies not using BTC? Yes. Why? They want to create a new form of global financial system. So does Ripple.

Edited by mandelbaum

2 minutes ago, TheEmotionalInvestor said:

I take offence to this , I have as much right to be here as an xrp investor as you do!

I also have the right to question what Ripple May or may not be doing as I was instructed by a moderator.

I don't care if you're offended, pretend or otherwise.

I do see that you think you have a right to threaten people of being "accessories" to, by invoking allegations of - and I quote you - "fraud" - with absolutely zero basis.

@Hodor can you weigh in here, regarding Dharma's tweet confirmation that they receive xPring funding but are not actively developing any XRP solutions - and maybe an update about Mercury FX and EuroExim bank and their progress with xRapid?

14 minutes ago, panmores said:

@Hodor can you weigh in here, regarding Dharma's tweet confirmation that they receive xPring funding but are not actively developing any XRP solutions - and maybe an update about Mercury FX and EuroExim bank and their progress with xRapid?

Good idea!

25 minutes ago, TheEmotionalInvestor said:

So you think it’s ok to bully people on the internet do you ? Next you’ll be telling me to commit suicide. Not cool.

Translation:  "Maybe I did just make accusations for which I could be held legally responsible;  Victim Mode = ON!"