I exchanged majority of my XRP for BTC

6 hours ago, Dario_o said:

stop repeating this. no one cares because it's just BS

No this is a fact really. They have a deadline to present documents required from the New York Attorney General for his ongoing investigation about 850 million dollars gone missing and then transforming into tether in a cover up attempt "under suspicions that Tether lacked sufficient liquidity to permit customers to redeem tether at the represented value.” by 15 January. Then it is game on. If Bitfinex loses this case it will prove what we all know, that Tether in not backed by actual dollars. 

Edited by Panopticon

6 hours ago, jbjnr said:

A better way would be for world governments to push for energy agreements (a la Paris agreement) that make mining for POW tokens illegal and then to have individual governments force exchanges to delist POW tokens. We've seen how quickly the US exchanges dropped xrp trading due to securities issues, it could happen. And in my own view, it is inevitable that POW tokens will have to be made illegal eventually. The energy consumption of the bitcoin network is ridiculous and it will have to be stopped at some point (the sooner the better in my view).

It needs a catchy name, then we can make it real:

- POW Climate Action Levy  POW CAL

- Asic Mining Mandatory Offset - AMMO

- Climate Levy On POW  -  CLOPOW

- Crypto Offset Levy  on Energy - COLE

?

OECD looking into tax

https://www.oecd.org/tax/tax-policy/taxing-virtual-currencies-an-overview-of-tax-treatments-and-emerging-tax-policy-issues.pdf

Edited by Mikhail_Liebenstein

On 8/31/2019 at 6:07 AM, Yodaxrp said:

Yuppp... Just sold my pig for two sheeps hoping to eat lamb next year:P

Damn...imma have to go to the Greek shop to get some gyros now... Look what you started.  Gotta sell some XRP and cash out to get a gyro.

1 hour ago, Panopticon said:

about 850 million

Thanks. Saying 850M are missing it's different from what repeatedly wrote @Mikhail_Liebenstein :

BTC is heavily manipulated by Tether. Tether has nothing backing it up. If Tether were called in, a lot of exchangeswould go bust.

Sell Low, Buy High - Backyard geniuses sold XRP at 0.17 and bought BTC for it at 34k. In this forever repeating world, I no longer wonder about anything.

5 hours ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

It needs a catchy name, then we can make it real:

- POW Climate Action Levy  POW CAL

- Asic Mining Mandatory Offset - AMMO

- Climate Levy On POW  -  CLOPOW

- Crypto Offset Levy  on Energy - COLE

?

OECD looking into tax

https://www.oecd.org/tax/tax-policy/taxing-virtual-currencies-an-overview-of-tax-treatments-and-emerging-tax-policy-issues.pdf

American Crypto Money Enforcer - ACME

23 hours ago, Panopticon said:

No this is a fact really. They have a deadline to present documents required from the New York Attorney General for his ongoing investigation about 850 million dollars gone missing and then transforming into tether in a cover up attempt "under suspicions that Tether lacked sufficient liquidity to permit customers to redeem tether at the represented value.” by 15 January. Then it is game on. If Bitfinex loses this case it will prove what we all know, that Tether in not backed by actual dollars. 

It can be renamed Theth_air,  evolving into Thin_air overtime.