I exchanged majority of my XRP for BTC

1 minute ago, automatic said:

ummm yeah...about that... my hands are strong, but I'm not sure I can hodl for two millenia...

image.png.43da6027e485deb5852df15025cc9503.png

But it's reasonable to hazard a guess that in the Year 4019 they will still be using Zerps in one form or another. Crypto is a diffinitive.. there may never be a reason to change once adopted,  take the Wheel for example ,it's been around for a very long time...and will be with us for a long time to come.

On 9/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, 3GO3D said:

Shame on you retep for losing your faith in XRP !  I started filling my Zerp Bag in 2017 when it was $0.75 or so, ( as a birthday present to myself, ) and have topped up at regular intervals during these dips to lower the unit cost to half of that. So I'm out of pocket whether I sell or trade for other Crypto's. Before purchasing my first $100 worth of Zerps I as most adopters do conducted lengthy Due Dilligence. Part of this research included a learned article on Ripple & XRP wherein the prognosis was that XRP could decline to as low as $0.20 and stay there for a longish time enabling the Adoption and Use Cases of the Zerp to gain Global distribution/usage.  With this Adoption & Usage now entering a period of greater expansion & Ripple making fantastic progress on the Remittance front Now is the time to recognise that Ripple has the Cream of the Developers , Cryptographers & Business Heads on the Planet. To Bail out now imho is financial suicide, Now is as good time as any to Bag a few Zerps on the cheap.  The ATH which is fading into the mist of legend was entirely based upon Sentiment/Speculation/FOMO & Greed , When the price starts to increase from it's present Cents it will be for Real, based upon Utility , Usage & Financial Institutional adoption any former ATH will be smashed . The XRP price will plateau at a rate far exceeding the  Micky Mouse  $3.40. at which point nomatter what a Zerp is worth it's price will fluctuate less than Fiat does today.    Regain your faith retep, conduct Due Dilligence as to the situation today, the picture is a lot rosier than it was in 2017.    Rant over  now.  Good Luck with Your choices.   :clapping:

You talk about start filling your bag with a 100 dollars worth of xrp and then bought some more now and then, but that's just peanuts compared

the 14k dollar i invested when i stepped into the crypto craze. And then in the end of your story you talk about that the situation is more rosier than

in 2017, but all i see is xrp evaporating from 3,80 al the way to the 26 cents it is right now, while the other top ten coins, including btc, did

very well this year, except xrp, and i did read about some important people at ripple sold off their private stash aswel, so that worries me aswel

because when the ripple people start to dump their own stash, then that's not a good sign i gues, so that ain't good for the price.

It's like a captain leaving the sinking ship without warning the passengers, so al we see is the captain leaving but we don't  know why,

but we do know that WHEN a captain leaves there must be something wrong with the ship alright, and this captain doesn't inform 

the passengers, so the captain isnt going to save the passengers so it's everybody for themselves, so grab your valuables while 

you still can or what's left of it, and jump into the life boats called btc or dollar would be my little advice, and then wait if the hole

in the xrp ship is going to be fixed or wait and see it sink al together.

XRP Ship seems to be well built and sturdy enough to withstand all the future Icebergs it may encounter, especially in relation to  Class Action Suits , SEC & other regulatory bodies. As said my bag was kicked into life with $100, But it has grown and is now as much a Bag of Peanuts as your own.  If by " Captain " you are referring  the Commander of the Ripple Fleet Mr Garlinghouse seemingly Dumping XRP on the Market, what is it that you didn't understand about the ESCROW , and the rate that it would be released ? The ESCROW arrangement wasn't tucked away in the small print.  

Is it not possible that we are suffering this haunting low price levels because on top of Ripples ESCROW releases we have Jed Mccaleb & Chris Larsen offloading their Millions of XRP leading to a near permanent Oversold situation...  Fear not dear retep because at the end of the day when the Escrow account is depleted and the other two suspects decide to HODL because the price is making them seriousy wealthier we too will be releived that we didnt jump Ship just because it's low in the water without the nessesary fiscal wind in her sails at the moment. There is a Breeze approaching that may well develope into a sustained Wind.  

All the perameters that led to you and I getting on board are still in play. Wish I had your courage to dip in and out of BTC or other Alts to earn a Dollar or increase the XRP Stack .   Trying times indeed for the HODLers, hopefully the Strong Hands will profit in the not too distant future. Good OP though as you've highlighted the situation for a lot of us concerned XRP Hands    :rolleyes: 

• 1 year later...

Happy new year to everyone. So its not confusion let me state the exchange I did was done in April 2019, and i stated what i did in Aug 2019.

I made this OP in aug 2019 to try to open eyes to some people, although some people with 3000+ post didnt like my actions and writing and i was flamed. I didnt want to argue with important people here with 3000 and more post so i didnt write anything after in 2019, and nothing in 2020, but i was reading this forum on weekly basis. Its good to know how people think. I still own part of xrp.

From my point of view 2020 ended great for me, i am ultra happy what i did in 2019

I wrote 4 points in OP for XRP to BTC exchange i did, catalyst for my action was action by some ripple employee and the fact someone told me here not to write about that (action from ripple employee was/is no secret....he sold big amount of his xrp)

I still stand behind points made in 2019

3 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

Here’s a rumour....

SEC to go after Tether......

That would kill BTC.

stop repeating this. no one cares because it's just BS

15 minutes ago, Mikhail_Liebenstein said:

SEC to go after Tether......

That would kill BTC.

A better way would be for world governments to push for energy agreements (a la Paris agreement) that make mining for POW tokens illegal and then to have individual governments force exchanges to delist POW tokens. We've seen how quickly the US exchanges dropped xrp trading due to securities issues, it could happen. And in my own view, it is inevitable that POW tokens will have to be made illegal eventually. The energy consumption of the bitcoin network is ridiculous and it will have to be stopped at some point (the sooner the better in my view).

16 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

A better way would be for world governments to push for energy agreements (a la Paris agreement) that make mining for POW tokens illegal and then to have individual governments force exchanges to delist POW tokens. We've seen how quickly the US exchanges dropped xrp trading due to securities issues, it could happen. And in my own view, it is inevitable that POW tokens will have to be made illegal eventually. The energy consumption of the bitcoin network is ridiculous and it will have to be stopped at some point (the sooner the better in my view).

Just make sure premined assets and it's ways of distribution have their regulatory clarity prior to stopping PoW and tether.