I exchanged majority of my XRP for BTC

Hello XRP Echo Chamber, 

I exchanged all my XRP for BTC when it was plummeting in early 2018.  While I still have lost money on paper, I've lost not nearly as much. 

This year I've rebought all my XRP position at around .29 but second guessing that decision.  There are so many undeniable red flags regarding XRP that I will be shocked if it rises to the top in the long run.

Only time will tell who is right and who is wrong.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see it completely different. For me it makes no sense to invest in anything other than xrp. When Utility starts I want to be part of that with my investment. If it never starts, the money is gone an

I exchanged a majority of my BTC for xrp last summer. In theory it was a good move as xrp was relative stable compared to bitcoin chopping in half. In reality I was still losing money.  Then I al

You sold your XRP at a multi-year low and then bought into BTC at a relatively high price. Buy high sell low. Interesting strategy. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Direboarder said:

This year I've rebought all my XRP position at around .29 but second guessing that decision.  There are so many undeniable red flags regarding XRP that I will be shocked if it rises to the top in the long run.

Now why on earth would you buy BACK into something AFTER you've discovered the "many undeniable red flags"?

4 hours ago, Plikk said:

Yes, but only 3-4 months after it happened, at least if the market conditions then confirm it was a good choice. We don’t want to look stupid, do we?🙄

I know where you are aiming with those "after 3-4 months" in last 4 months I made very little posts because I did not want to be provoked by...i will not say what not to provoke (i actually didnt sign in for at least 2 months on purpose, but I was reading un-logged-in)

I will again like before refrain my self to log in into this forum for 3 months, but I will keep reading it almost daily "unloggedin", hey I still have nice amount of XRP. I just think now I am better off with larger portion of something else, I will sign in earlier only if i see someone deleted this thread. 

I know what you wanted to say, i know you pointed out everyone could 4 months later made a story what decision he made 3-4 months ago to "not make him look stupid". YOU MADE A VALID SENTENCE i dig.

This topic is in price speculation area, so I hope I am allowed to talk openly. We have our own opinion, I think at the moment I am better like I said. I might end up losing more then you in %. I will see what happens.

19 hours ago, minicuzzo said:

I see it completely different. For me it makes no sense to invest in anything other than xrp. When Utility starts I want to be part of that with my investment. If it never starts, the money is gone and I can handle it. Nevertheless, I respect your decision much more than those who constantly complain and still do not sell. You behaved mature and rational unlike the majority of people who are extremely annoying and getting worse and worse with time instead of investing in something else.All the best! 

I second that. In one of his most recent videos, Alessio Rastani asks analyst Zak Mir if BTC is going to 100K in one year from now. His analysis is interesting and to me a case for XRP.

Edited by Danny

It's interesting how people are on this forum (though this works for any asset really)....basically it goes like this for the majority of people:-

• if the asset you hold goes up, then you say how smart you are and you take full responsibility for your actions
  • if the asset you hold goes down,  you disappear OR you complain and blame other people / institutions for your predicament

It's funny how personal responsibility works here! :D

I am not sure what to believe at the moment.

I am going to give it till the end of next year. If the prices has not reached $0.81 AUD by then I am selling my entire holdings.

This is actually suggested by my husband who says we should be able to claim it on investment loses as we are planning to selling one of our investment properties next year. Loses on XRP can offset the Capital Gain attracted when selling the IP as both are capital event happening at the same year. 

However if the price of XRP does pass the $0.81 I will have CG on XRP also. 

The way XRP is going I am not confident it will even hit $0.60 AUD or not by the end of next year. All I can say is fingers crossed and good luck to all the holders 

Edited by ripplewaytogo
17 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

I am going to give it till the end of next year. If the prices has not reached $0.81 AUD by then I am selling my entire holdings.

This is actually suggested by my husband who says we should be able to claim it on investment loses as we are planning to selling one of our investment properties next year. Loses on XRP can offset the Capital Gain attracted when selling the IP as both are capital event happening at the same year. 

The way XRP is going I am not confident it will even hit $0.60 AUD or not by the end of next year. All I can say is fingers crossed and good luck to all the holders 

Hope it picks up for you, but at the end of the day you’ve got to do right by yourself, good luck 

Edited by Trentsteel
31 minutes ago, ripplewaytogo said:

The way the AUD is going, XRP will hit $0.81, but for the wrong reasons....

35 minutes ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Absolutely! AUD and GBP are basically sh!tcoins at this stage. 

So you are telling me that both my XRP AND my fiat are becoming more and more worthless...   sigh.    :) 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.