Decrease in number of medium and large payments

Not sure if this has been discussed. Galgitron shared the updated graph:

EDBWo0OWwAEsGHF.thumb.png.f632ed41ebd38f50822cecc943c997d7.png

All medium and large payments have decreased a lot in the last few weeks. Any idea what could be the reason? Holidays? Pilots completed? Unhappy customers? Decrease in XRP sales by Ripple? 

20 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Maybe bad sample choices by Galgitron?

No, I don't think so. I run plots of daily transactions and break them down into different corridors to see if I can track the total flow of (possible) xRapid activity and I also see a downtrend in payments of small sizes. There has been an uptick of larger payments, but I'm not convinced it has anything to do with xRapid because I have been assuming that remittances will start small and gradually grow in size. I was planing on doing a write up, but don't seem to find the time. Should probably read less of the rubbish posted on this site recently. It's possible that someone is using some of the corridors for real x-border transactions rather than just remittances, but I can't be sure. What I'm really looking at is possible new corridors opening up before they are announced rather than just the bitso/bitstamp/coins.ph exchanges because I'm sure testing will go on on new ones before we hear about it.

I see activity that goes to addresses that don't appear as exchanges in the bithomp directory, would love to know some wallet addresses of SBI for example as I have no idea where this stuff comes from unless someone can link a wallet to an exchange/other.

Does anyone know where the whalebot gets is address/name lookups from? I sometimes wonder if it has a different dictionary than the bithomp one. Thanks

29 minutes ago, jbjnr said:

I see activity that goes to addresses that don't appear as exchanges in the bithomp directory, would love to know some wallet addresses of SBI for example as I have no idea where this stuff comes from unless someone can link a wallet to an exchange/other.

Does anyone know where the whalebot gets is address/name lookups from? I sometimes wonder if it has a different dictionary than the bithomp one. Thanks

I think @xrpscan does have more extensive XRP account library than Bithomp. You can obtain the latest library from below link.

https://github.com/xrpscan/xrpdata/blob/master/accounts/xrpl-accounts.txt

If you just want to grab some of the newest additions then just type the name to the search bar and surprisingly often the account is there. For instance, type SBI and you will get 9 different accounts for them but most of those are already abandoned and they have started to use new accounts.

https://xrpscan.com/account/rwB2UA47taZQCfi4po3tw8vwBpt6Y6eioZ

I dunno where the whalebot gets its XRP account information (?)

1 hour ago, hallwaymonitor said:

I think @xrpscan does have more extensive XRP account library than Bithomp. You can obtain the latest library from below link.

https://github.com/xrpscan/xrpdata/blob/master/accounts/xrpl-accounts.txt

Thanks for the mention @hallwaymonitor! Btw, we moved over from a flat file to an API over the last quarter: https://api.xrpscan.com/api/v1/names/well-known 

5 hours ago, AlvaroXRP said:

Not sure if this has been discussed. Galgitron shared the updated graph:

EDBWo0OWwAEsGHF.thumb.png.f632ed41ebd38f50822cecc943c997d7.png

All medium and large payments have decreased a lot in the last few weeks. Any idea what could be the reason? Holidays? Pilots completed? Unhappy customers? Decrease in XRP sales by Ripple? 

Large payments are represented by the bottom, brown line and haven't really changed all that much. Medium payments started trending upward this May and have since come back down to these levels. As this is all still so early in the process of adoption, I wouldn't make all that much out of it, although I know that's well beyond the impatience level of many.  

It reflects the decline in the broader financial market which started at the end of July. If these are true payments, then people likely want to hold onto their assets right now in a declining market. Don't worry about it. Frankly, it looks like the trend for medium payments leads this broader market decline by nearly a month - I may start trending this correlation...:JC_thinking: