ringer2

No thread yet in rumored r3 purchase?

5 hours ago, Archbob said:

I think the deal has something to do with smart contracts in R3, not Ripple outright buying R3. Cryptohawk is hyping it up.

Can you explain what this would mean (in idiot proof terms)?

The way I understood it is that R3 may have difficulties bringing one of their products over the finish line. It could be a case of 1 plus 1 equals 3 if they are able to jointly bring something to market faster that might service the insurance sector for instance. It's all based on rumours and conjecture. 

Why this would require an acquisition of any kind, I have no idea. Maybe they need to create a newco? 

Edited by AgamemnonUA

1 hour ago, AgamemnonUA said:

The way I understood it is that R3 may have difficulties bringing one of their products over the finish line. It could be a case of 1 plus 1 equals 3 if they are able to jointly bring something to market faster that might service the insurance sector for instance. It's all based on rumours and conjecture. 

Why this would require an acquisition of any kind, I have no idea. Maybe they need to create a newco? 

Weren’t R3 pretty low on funds at one point? 

14 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I flirted with that possibility. Note it is a highly speculative assumption on my part based on comments made by Brad

Rumors continue to heat up. I think you may have made a good call on this one. I hope it's true; it makes good business sense to me.