ringer2

No thread yet in rumored r3 purchase?

3 minutes ago, ringer2 said:

Many internet folks are claiming an announcement that Ripple has purchased r3 in immanent. Any thoughts?

I flirted with that possibility. Note it is a highly speculative assumption on my part based on comments made by Brad

everyone watching the price if the price didn't jump when moneygram investment was made no one expects a price appreciation even if this happen.

:JC_thinking: buy ,sell

People are talking about it. IDK.

Apparently there was there were some internal issues with engineers and managment bickering. The founders are from wallstreet. Who knows if the founders want out and can turn it over for a profit maybe that possibility exists. Again it is all speculation and I wouldn't take the rumours as truth.

We know SBI is a stakeholder in R3 and we Know SBI is a stakeholder in RIpple. We know R3 has links to swift. We know Ripple would be giddy to help swift with their settlement issues. We also know Ripple and R3 have had some quarrels so who knows. I think, and this is speculation. If the opportunity exists and it benefits Ripple then it could happen. 

Again right now it is a rumour and nothing more. 

well ripple did settle that lawsuit about a year ago about that billion XRP so if they bought r3 they would gain control of those back i suppose.

3 hours ago, King34Maine said:

I flirted with that possibility. Note it is a highly speculative assumption

Good insight! What you think will be the effect if this is true?

R3 is involved in many projects and different sectors other than finance and payments:

IMG_20190829_074311.jpg.4d67cd09a88200be3efd233633e63b22.jpg

I don’t think Ripple is interested on spending time and resources on all that. Could Ripple become an investor/partner? For sure. What the terms could be? Who knows. 

Corda can already use XRP through the CordaSettler. Only thing that is missing is integration with xCurrent/xRapid. 

12 minutes ago, Archbob said:

I think the deal has something to do with smart contracts in R3, not Ripple outright buying R3. Cryptohawk is hyping it up.

That makes more sense. 

Posted (edited)

I don't know what other sources are speculating about it but i've got the rumour from Crypthawk. 

I don't know what to think of him. Don't trust him but he did get the MG rumour confirmed. Time will tell!

I don 't know much...

Edited by Caracappa

6 minutes ago, Cooliozxrp said:

People still believing a rumour from a known scammer? This is sad

Scammer or not, his prediction track record can't be entirely based on luck. He is being fed some information from time to time from somewhere valuable.