Brad Garlinghouse Responds to FUD (Litigation, XRP Sales, Etc.)

9 minutes ago, Capone said:

Not so . XRP needs to be demanded for it to be successful. It’s now being oversupplied with very little demand.

Elementary.

But I have to admit it’s true of all cryptos, there’s no real demand for any of them even bitcoin. 

Nobody is using any crypto for anything . It’s still all speculation.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've said this many times before, we are all XRP "holders" by CHOICE. Unless you own token(s) via an accredited ICO/STO you in no way, shape, form, or fashion have any say with respects to how any com

Here's the discussion: XRP needs to be distributed for RippleNet to be successful and Ripple decides how.  Some XRP hodlers will, meanwhile, never be satisfied with any rationale for this distrib

Makes no sense to be an XRP "investor" and not having any questions and being a blind follower. The obedient sheep neither help Ripple forming its path ahead nor are they doing the community a se

Posted Images

Just look at all the trash and memes posted after his tweet. Now I'm convinced that was the wrong way to tackle it.

I'm sure the Central Banks, partners and other banks looking at this tweet and the responses would be cringing.

Ripple need to get off twitter and youtube, risk doing more harm than good in my opinion.

This one made me laugh though

image.png.6dad7de2ac24f79700a03cd3ba5025c1.png

Edited by Guest

XRP forums bombarded by FUD of those who have some sort of personal vendetta against xrp and Ripple. XRP members complain about FUD. CEO gives view point about FUD as it is meant to address the public. FUD increases on XRP forums. IDK it is funny.

I've said it before I'm glad I have XRP because people literally hate it. In that regards if everyone hates you then you are doing something right.

1 hour ago, Freaky said:

Just look at all the trash and memes posted after his tweet. Now I'm convinced that was the wrong way to tackle it.

I'm sure the Central Banks, partners and other banks looking at this tweet and the responses would be cringing.

Ripple need to get off twitter and youtube, risk doing more harm than good in my opinion.

This one made me laugh though

image.png.6dad7de2ac24f79700a03cd3ba5025c1.png

PFFFT...that one is old, anyway

1 hour ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

You included a period when XRP was still at the Q2 rate. The decision to reduce programmatic sales occurred closer to August than July.

Also, the inflation rates are measured in percentages specifically to allow us to compare them directly -- market cap has nothing to do with it. I believe you're making a bad faith argument about that.

The rate of programmatic sales is/should be already lower since June according to Ripple ( https://www.ripple.com/insights/raising-the-bar-reporting-on-volume-and-sales-of-xrp/ - 'this means Ripple’s sales of XRP in Q2 2019 will be substantively lower (as a percentage of reported volume)')

Wasn't using market cap for my percentages, was just using CMC (the website) to track the increase in the circulating supply and it seems pretty accurate - the BTC increase matches pretty much the 1800 per day from mining rewards whereas the 370M XRP looks pretty much correct when considering Ripple's OTC, programmatic sales and Xpring, it's probably about $110M worth for the past two months and in Q2 Ripple sold about $250M worth of XRP so I'd say it's about right.

I hope utility will drive price increase at some point, but I fear I might be long gone before that happens :) Hopefully it will happen in the next 2-3 years, but looking at the past 2 years I'm pretty skeptical - speculators and demand will be the deciding factors for the foreseeable future imo.

32 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

This forum has completely gone to the sh!tter!!!

I don't think so, people are opening their eyes and realising what Ripple set out to do is not happening.

3 minutes ago, Freaky said:

I don't think so, people are opening their eyes and realising what Ripple set out to do is not happening.

Is it what Ripple said will happen or your own perception of what will happen?  Wouldn't it be easier if it's not happening or it does not appear that it's going to happen just to sell and cut your losses??? No need to rant in a forum, I mean that's what I would do, because There are other DA's out there ripe for the picking.   You don't need validation from anyone in here!!!

I think JK commented on how surprisingly hard distribution is. 

When building a digital asset ecosystem there's a need to address price and liquidity simultaneously.  For me Ripple have made best endeavors to walk this tightrope. 

I'm no happier about the price than anyone else but without liquidiy (which is dependent on distribution) there can be no meaningful utility.

What did @BradGarlinghouse actually address with these tweets?

Should we go one by one? 

1/ As a defendant in the class action lawsuit, I won't get into the details (response from Ripple is coming soon). I will say: SEC guidance isn't issued by the Commission and isn't law, rule or regulation. It's clear XRP is not a security and the UK and others have said as much.

He doesn't get into the details and we should expect a response from Ripple. When exactly? Will this response adress all concerns of xrp status and banks will be able to start using/holding xrp? Or will it be another open letter just like the one in the newspaper? 

2/ XRP sales are about helping expand XRP's utility - building RippleNet & supporting other biz building w/XRP ie Dharma & Forte. Reality is we DECREASED our sales by volume Q/Q and since then the inflation rate of XRP circulating supply has been lower than that of BTC and ETH.

Are we supposed to blindly believe this? Unless Ripple gives actual details on how and where they are spending funds obtained by selling xrp the concerns and "fud" won't dissapear.

Who are they selling to?

What about donations and sells by employees? What measures are being taken to avoid insider trading? Even though xrp might not be a security it should be treated as such in regards to transparency with employees' holdings. 

Comparing inflation of XRP versus BTC and ETH is just no sense. Inflation is not higher because no more FIs want to buy, not because Ripple doesn't want to sell more or XRPs are not available. Please remember that a lot XRPs go back to escrow every month. 

3/ @Ripple continues to set industry standards in reporting and transparency (one example is our quarterly markets report). We lay it all out, and it’s not our “view” but fact.

Transparency? Crearly there is no transparency about sales as per previous comment. 

What about xRapid usage and roadmap? We are still waiting for a major bank (if not dozens) using xrp. And please, don't tell me about multihop feature. What is the roadmap for Moneygram? 

Edited by AlvaroXRP
6 hours ago, peanut56 said:

I've said it before I'm glad I have XRP because people literally hate it. In that regards if everyone hates you then you are doing something right.

Conversely, the perception they are doing very little right, hence the frustration.

Edited by Guest