VanGogh

Brad Garlinghouse Responds to FUD (Litigation, XRP Sales, Etc.)

Looks like the pressure is getting to Brad.

I like this tweet straight after Brads..lol

image.png.2e861a17c0d7d110db075cf99fd5b735.png

3 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Brad laying down the law.

I didn’t realize XRP inflation was actually LOWER than either BTC or ETH. 

The troll accounts on here claiming Ripple is “dumping” and “tanking the market” look even dumber in this light.

How do they look "dumber". Ripple IS dumping, and the market IS being affected.  Yes, "dumping" in this case is synonymous with "distributing", and the affect might not be as much as some believe, but it doesn't make those who discuss it foolish or "dumb". I would much rather see a conversation that analyzes both the potential positive and great future of this asset with the possibility that we could just be being fed half truths from a startup company desperately trying to make it in a highly completive and stubborn market.  I imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

3 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Brad laying down the law.

The troll accounts on here claiming Ripple is “dumping” and “tanking the market” look even dumber in this light.

I would recommend for you to first focus on your own intelligence, before assuming others are looking dumber.  A few of my opinions:

1. I believe it is a good strategy for Brad/Ripple to formally address these concerns.  So this is a positive next step.
  2. The level of details Brad has replied to has not addressed many of the core concerns in the community.  At this time he has provided vague details, avoiding getting in specifics on many of the individual concerns that exists. Avoiding addressing the specific concerns, will not resolve the issues or concerns that people currently have.  Hopefully these are formally addressed in the future.
  3. People have concerns on XRP being dumped that is beyond just "XRP sales". For example: employee selling, donations, and abnormal high funding for projects like Coil. These concerns have not yet been addressed.
  4. I think Brad's point on decreasing sales volume leading to lower inflation rate, re-enforces why people should have valid concerns on mass selling XRP...
  5. Brad mentioned Ripple continues to set industry standards in reporting and transparency.  This is a good approach, since standards for cryptocurrency and blockchain are practically non existent in the industry.  There are still more concerns on this topic, for what Ripple is not currently doing.

Edited by wogojump

I like that the FCA, a regulatory body for the United Kingdom, doesn't think XRP is a security, but I would prefer that an analogous American financial regulatory body would have the same opinion, like the SEC, but the SEC can't even decide if ETH is a security or not, and they won't render a decision anytime soon.  Also, they have indicated that more stringent crypto regulations would be forthcoming in the future, and the SEC is very slow to change their ways - they will not make an exception for this new asset class called cryptos. 

53 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

It's not though. In Q3, just purely looking at the CMC XRP circulating supply has increased by ~370M which is about 0.85% of the total one, BTC has increased by ~110k or about 0.6% of the total one. But the biggest difference is that BTC volume ( https://messari.io/onchainfx ) is about 15 to 20 times bigger than the XRP one on average so it should be much, much easier to handle the new supply (mind you, it still affects the market, hence why usually halvings trigger bull runs)

I am not sure a tweet is really the right format to make this sort of statement and I hope the facts are correct.  It would be embarrassing if the inflation rate of XRP in Q3 turns out not to be lower than BTC and ETH.  There is an element of rant to this tweet.

What pleases me is that Ripple are sensitive to the damage FUD is causing to the price of XRP.  Some rebuttals are perhaps gong to be made, hopefully in a more considered format.  I think Ripple have to be very careful not to prejudice their defence and this ties their hands somewhat.   I am sure lawyers are watching over heir shoulders.

I sense Ripple are now making a concerted effort to get XRP value on an upward trajectory again.

Edited by Julian_Williams

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

It's not though. In Q3, just purely looking at the CMC XRP circulating supply has increased by ~370M which is about 0.85% of the total one, BTC has increased by ~110k or about 0.6% of the total one. But the biggest difference is that BTC volume ( https://messari.io/onchainfx ) is about 15 to 20 times bigger than the XRP one on average so it should be much, much easier to handle the new supply (mind you, it still affects the market, hence why usually halvings trigger bull runs)

You included a period when XRP was still at the Q2 rate. The decision to reduce programmatic sales occurred closer to August than July.

Also, the inflation rates are measured in percentages specifically to allow us to compare them directly -- market cap has nothing to do with it. I believe you're making a bad faith argument about that.

The fact remains, even if we had correct numbers in front of us, the (incorrect) inflation rates we're talking about differ by 0.25%. This is for all intents and purposes not going to be measurable in the real world. The most important drivers of market price will be utility, demand, and retail sentiment.

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP

25 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I sense Ripple are now making a concerted effort to get XRP value on an upward trajectory again.

Exactly how are they doing this ? By going on a tweeting war against Fudsters ?

What happened to adoption organically growing the price of XRP ?

I think Brad stooping to tweeting is a sign of desperation. Twitter is just gutter trash.

I think a youtube clip may have been better.. oh wait... lol.. maybe not.

Edited by Guest