JannaOneTrick

Liquidity Index on Bitso XRP/MXN

Expecting to see a curve steeper at the end considering everything is just getting started... crawl, walk, run propaganda seems like it should be consistent with utility usage/adoption of the asset. On the contrary, looks like crawl, walk... going back to crawl. 

55 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Expecting to see a curve steeper at the end considering everything is just getting started... crawl, walk, run propaganda seems like it should be consistent with utility usage/adoption of the asset. On the contrary, looks like crawl, walk... going back to crawl. 

Goodness gracious me. Did you actually look at the graph post Moneygram deal?  Heavens above. 

1 hour ago, Johno said:

Did you actually look at the graph post Moneygram deal?

Yes. That’s why it seems odd to me: if not a passing fancy, then a graph will show a gradual increase over time. I know we’re “zoomed-in” atm but graph seems like an early indication xrapid adoption is not going to reflect a gradual increase over time.

Maybe the early correction in the graph (or volatility) suggests xRapid adoption is just a passing fancy instead of real adoption.

....OR.... the graph’s data set is flawed......

rainbow wow GIF by Declan McKenna

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, codiusrex said:

Yes. That’s why it seems odd to me: if not a passing fancy, then a graph will show a gradual increase over time. I know we’re “zoomed-in” atm but graph seems like an early indication xrapid adoption is not going to reflect a gradual increase over time.

Maybe the early correction in the graph (or volatility) suggests xRapid adoption is just a passing fancy instead of real adoption.

....OR.... the graph’s data set is flawed......

rainbow wow GIF by Declan McKenna

Growth looks very good; very rapid growth to high new peak, back 25%, consolidation and more growth.  If the daily value is driven by payday remittances they would show a monthly pattern, as suggested by @VanGogh

Not enough data to make a judgement if we are seeing a monthly cycle.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Where are they getting these numbers? The entire XRP/MXN corridor on Bitso is rarely above $500,000 USD per day.

https://bitso.com/trade/market/xrp/mxn

You can look at the 6 month chart to see volume increases or not.

Right now the volume is about the same as it was in the early months of 2019.

it is an algorithm written by a Japanese guy and published on twitter.  Ripple (Moneygram drives Ripple XRP volumes believes the head of Global Institutional Markets team of Ripple Breanne M. Madigan.) have confirmed that the Mex corridor vol is now heavily affected by XRapid corridor.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 minutes ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

You guys are right! This is a sizable increase post-Moneygram deal that clearly shows a major business’s first live use of a cryptocurrency, EVER.

We’re on the cusp of something incredible.

Yeah but no one will ever use xrp...

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

it is an algorithm written by a Japanese guy and published on twitter.  Ripple (Moneygram drives Ripple XRP volumes believes the head of Global Institutional Markets team of Ripple Breanne M. Madigan.) have confirmed that the Mex corridor vol is now heavily affected by XRapid corridor.

The total volume even on CMC(which includes all the fake volume) hardly ever rises above $500,000 per day. If you look at the coingecko graph, its roughly the same as the volume from early 2019. The research graph shows volumes of 70-80 million MXN per day on the right side. If you convert $500k US to MXN, its about 20:1 or so right now, so you would really only get $10 million MXN volume on that Bitso corridor every day. The numbers seem way off.

Edited by Archbob

29 minutes ago, Archbob said:

The total volume even on CMC(which includes all the fake volume) hardly ever rises above $500,000 per day. If you look at the coingecko graph, its roughly the same as the volume from early 2019. The research graph shows volumes of 70-80 million MXN per day on the right side. If you convert $500k US to MXN, its about 20:1 or so right now, so you would really only get $10 million MXN volume on that Bitso corridor every day. The numbers seem way off.

OK I believe you, some explanation is needed.  It is a pity there is no scale on Breanne M. Madigan tweet either.

Waiting for the 1st of the month. I would expect it to spike again.

Not sure I fully understand the metric here. but I've been following this.