longhodler

Third-Biggest Crypto Coin Barely Causes a Ripple Amid Rally

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, longhodler said:

Finally "grown-up" media started to pay attention to suspicious performance of XRP this year

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-23/third-biggest-cryptocurrency-barely-causes-a-ripple-amid-rally

This article could have been written by any one of the Fuddists that troll XRPChat.  Unsympathetic to Ripple and how the money has been spent building of the XRP ecosystem.  No mention that what has been achieved with the money which is beyond the wildest dreams of any other crypto asset, but I guess people read the articles that confirm their biases.   

Edited by Julian_Williams

33 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Unsympathetic to Ripple and how the money has been spent building of the XRP ecosystem.  No mention that what has been achieved with the money 

And why should it be "sympathetic"? Does everyone MUST love and praise Ripple? We already have tons of publications about Ripple "achievements". And we even have local "saints" and "prophets" with weekly blog posts, telling us how beautiful this company is. But I myself don't care about the company. Why should I? I'm not a Bank or FI. I just want it to stop dumping millions of XRP and let the price reach $1
So, questions and doubts - are not a crime or a sin.

34 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

people read the articles that confirm their biases.   

And there is a good reason for their biases. For example this

ECsULj3WkAEV_FY.jpg

Posted (edited)

You do not care about Ripple, XRP or the purpose of the thing you invested in, but you want them, us and the whole world to feel sorry for you when you feel sorry for yourself?  You should blame yourself if you really feel you made a mistake in not choosing ETH or BTC, instead of Ripple.  Ripple have a job to do.

There is no evidence that Ripple management are spending the money on fast cars and huge bonuses.  The money is being spent on securing the purposes and aims of the company.  If you did not know these things when you invested then you are to blame for not doing your own research. 

I find no reason to be sympathetic for people like you who want to have your needs to be made rich quick to be put before the aims of the token you are investing in.  Your attitude is straight forwardly selfish and  childish.  You need to take responsibility for yourself and stop putting your selfish needs before the need of others, and stop whining too. Nobody has sympathy for people who whine.

11 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Our actions in this world come with consequences.

@Ripple‘s Series A Fundraising round = $28M; and Series B round = $55M. Not too bad for a startup compared to the $270M @Ripple “donated” to Coil.

Consequences commensurate to @Ripple’s actions incoming...

7A4FC4C7-8933-40B9-9B76-1422203C8B6F.jpeg

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, longhodler said:

Finally "grown-up" media started to pay attention to suspicious performance of XRP this year

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-23/third-biggest-cryptocurrency-barely-causes-a-ripple-amid-rally

A ripple is a small wave on the surface of something, such as a ripple that forms a ring around the spot where you threw a pebble into the pond. Don't assume that the size of the ripple (or the absence of it) reflects what happens beneath it. 

Edited by Danny

31 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

You do not care about Ripple, XRP or the purpose of the thing you invested in

No, I do care about XRP, especially about huge amounts of XRP that Ripple keep throwing into the market and the impact of these actions on the price.

33 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

but you want them, us and the whole world to feel sorry for you when you feel sorry for yourself?

No, I don't want anyone to "be sorry for me", what a stupid formula. I want to post a critical article concerning Ripple policy. And that's exactly what I did.

30 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

I invest in XRP because I like what the XRPcommunity and what Ripple are doing and I believe my money is being put to good use and I will get a good return

I had the same thoughts. But not anymore, after two years of dumping. That is why I'm looking for a different perspective, trying to understand the real reasons and motivations of Ripple, and also trying to understand, what I can do to change its attitude to bag holders

44 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

There is no evidence that Ripple management are spending the money on fast cars and huge bonuses.  The money is being spent on securing the purposes and aims of the company.  If you did not know these things when you invested then you are to blame for not doing your own research. 

Sorry to sound like “MR Under Water Guy” but Ripple does not release any information about their  financial performance. So it doesn’t matter how much research you do, you just don’t know how much they are investing in the network, versus buying the staff lambos vs giving money back to investors

39 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

For me putting money into an investment has a moral dimension.

Well said!

what do you think is the moral dimension specifically?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Sorry to sound like “MR Under Water Guy” but Ripple does not release any information about their  financial performance. So it doesn’t matter how much research you do, you just don’t know how much they are investing in the network, versus buying the staff lambos vs giving money back to investors

I am investing in XRP not Ripple...and I have seen no reports of them buying lambos. DS de-risked because his wife wanted the security (why would he do that if he were getting million dollar bonuses).  They seem to be putting the aims of the company very high and are not (as far a I can see) splashing out on exuberant lifestyles. 

5 minutes ago, ZzZerper said:

Well said!

what do you think is the moral dimension specifically?

Morals are important and very personal, so I guess it is different for everyone.  This may sound like a get out jail for free card, it should not be.  We all have to question ourselves and how we fit in to society, and be honest with how we affect others.