JannaOneTrick

CordaCon - Corda Settler - 24 October

6 hours ago, XRPboi said:

I wonder how the "Bitcoin on Corda" discussion will go. They'll need to have a scaling solution figured out if they are planning on transacting with BTC this year.

oh, I doubt they intend to even consider this.  BTC is the clear front-runner for store of value but it's fairly non-competitive in the payment transaction games.

XRP exhibits the right characteristics to be tested in payment transactions.

13 minutes ago, aye-epp said:

oh, I doubt they intend to even consider this.  BTC is the clear front-runner for store of value but it's fairly non-competitive in the payment transaction games.

XRP exhibits the right characteristics to be tested in payment transactions.

Their talk is titled "Bitcoin on Corda" so it seems they are planning something with it 

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, XRPboi said:

I wonder how the "Bitcoin on Corda" discussion will go. They'll need to have a scaling solution figured out if they are planning on transacting with BTC this year.

There are "partial" solutions already such as lightning network or liquid sidechain which is less known. 

About Liquid: "Liquid aims to provide a blockchain for large players in the industry who want to settle transactions. The primary users of the Liquid sidechain are the cryptocurrency exchanges, brokers, market manufacturers, and others. It offers fast processing time, privacy and security when executing orders as a federated sidechain."

Edited by AlvaroXRP

On 8/24/2019 at 10:53 PM, ZzZerper said:

They are still fundamentally a competitor.

Like many, you seem to be conflating Ripple and XRP.

There are a competitor to Ripple.  They are not to XRP.

And like any sensible company,  Ripple is fine with having competition...  it’s all part of the rising tide.

On 8/23/2019 at 10:12 AM, JannaOneTrick said:

R3-Master-Logo-White.png

corda.png

LONDON 2019

October 23 - 24

There are a few presentations that I find interesting.

But I was mostly and highly anticipating a Corda Settler session.

The session has been updated to:

70e5a17754b6a3cb8f5ea07e35ddaed9.png

9e1588bbf093425645d4f437326dddb4.png

Also this session was added today:

ec5b1c9e56857fa3898758485ff5d2b1.png

ea93fb6788d589e1547720a67d30c74b.png

I heard this phrasing in my Bond-i research (which you can fully read + listen in the speculation subforums).

CordaCon website

Thanks for sharing! The Emerging Industry sessions sounds interesting. Didn't Catalyst Corporation Federal Credit Union (i.e. a consortium of credit unions) announce they were planning to use/or were looking into using xRapid for payments? I believe this was discussed at last years Swell conference - link below.