Thanks, Hodor. Here's a typo:

"If you're like me, not only did you do the math for my conservatively-small example, but you understand that this is a repetitive charge each month and could include multiple ISPs.

This idea is nothing sort of genius."

No Zerp needed. Keep up the great work.

In my view Web 2.0 is an aberration, not the long term future. I sure hope so, anyway. It needs to evolve.

Like one of my personal heroes Jaron Lanier, I long for a return to the days when the internet belonged to everyone. BSM.....Before Social Media.

BG...Before Google. It's too late for that, but the future has promise.

I'm old enough to remember some of my boyhood heroes like Stewart Brand......telling us that the net was coming... it took so long I wasn't sure they were even right. But they were. It was life changing for me, in a positive way.

But I'm not sure what we have now is always good for us from a personal or a cultural standpoint.

I support those like Larry Sanger who are working to help us take the net back. I'm not sure it's possible, but I know it's a worthy goal.

I see blockchain as very fundamental to making  some of the the good things happen that need to happen... Many who are hodling crypto don't even quite get what this fight is about, or care. But it does matter, in my view..... and decentralization is perhaps our best chance for wresting control from the corporate behemoths.

That's my axe to grind, thanks for letting me grind it. Check out Larrys blog. 

3 hours ago, GoldenGoose said:

Thanks, Hodor. Here's a typo:

"If you're like me, not only did you do the math for my conservatively-small example, but you understand that this is a repetitive charge each month and could include multiple ISPs.

This idea is nothing sort of genius."

No Zerp needed. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for reading this latest edition, @GoldenGoose!   And even more, thank you for the correction: Spellcheck doesn't catch usage problems, so those ones tend to slip through a bit more frequently. 

And you're correct - that's my standard tip for a correction: Just send me a DM over Twitter or Reddit and that zerp is all yours.  :D 

38 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

In my view Web 2.0 is an aberration, not the long term future. I sure hope so, anyway. It needs to evolve.

Like one of my personal heroes Jaron Lanier, I long for a return to the days when the internet belonged to everyone. BSM.....Before Social Media.

BG...Before Google. It's too late for that, but the future has promise.

I'm old enough to remember some of my boyhood heroes like Stewart Brand......telling us that the net was coming... it took so long I wasn't sure they were even right. But they were. It was life changing for me, in a positive way.

But I'm not sure what we have now is always good for us from a personal or a cultural standpoint.

I support those like Larry Sanger who are working to help us take the net back. I'm not sure it's possible, but I know it's a worthy goal.

I see blockchain as very fundamental to making  some of the the good things happen that need to happen... Many who are hodling crypto don't even quite get what this fight is about, or care. But it does matter, in my view..... and decentralization is perhaps our best chance for wresting control from the corporate behemoths.

That's my axe to grind, thanks for letting me grind it. Check out Larrys blog. 

What's not to like about your response here? 

Your moniker "BSM" and "BG" reminds me of a recent conversation just had with somebody two nights ago over late night coffee and cake.  We waxed philosophical about the fact that there are actual 'adults' - people over the age of 17 - who have never known a world without Google, instant messaging, or YouTube. 

It was strange to see this concept paralleled by your reference here. 

Larry Sanger writes a mean blog!   And I love the fact that he's 'awakened' to crypto!  We need more philosophical thought leaders like him that are open to digital assets and blockchain technology, generally.  I should really try and interact with him at some point, although I'd be totally outclassed:  he is the founder of Wikipedia, after all, and he holds a PHD in Philosophy. 

Posted (edited)

@Hodor great write up. The Ripple team has indeed surprised me with a few brilliant business moves. Honestly fully suprising, and educational.

Not to be picky, but your graffic that is supposed to look like the XRP logo, it would look better if you swapped the words on the right side, put the top word down and vice versa, better balance. 

It is the vision of the IoV & RippleNet that makes all this so exciting. 

Edited by KarmaCoverage

Posted (edited)

Thanks for reading, @KarmaCoverage!

20 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

it would look better if you swapped the words on the right side, put the top word down and vice versa, better balance. 

LOL!   I switched them around three times prior to landing on the published version.  🤣

I have no doubt it could be improved: Graphical design is not my strong suit. 

Edited by Hodor