ZzZerper

Do you think Ripple would make a profit without XRP sales?

Posted (edited)

Could be they’re making profit, but still XRP sales are maybe necessary to fill up a cash-flow deficit ( as BG stated 1.5 years ago in an interview). Different things profits and cash-flow. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
Numerous companies without profits, but still afloat with enough cash flow ( loans, extra equity etc) for Capex or even Opex> Tesla, Uber etc.

Posted (edited)

Have you heard of Xcurrent??? I do get where you are coming from, one thing that I would like to know and maybe it's already been discussed and I have missed it.  "If Ripple was gifted XRP by the founders were the founders at anytime affiliated with ripple the company when the gifting took place or after???"  If so I think that is going to come up as a huge talking point in this whole security mess.

Edited by RikkiTikki

1 hour ago, ZzZerper said:

All those partnerships and customers must be bringing in some income.

According to a recent interview from Yahoo Finance, UK Brad was quoted saying: “We’re in a very strong position, our business is growing strongly, we have a strong balance sheet, and I intend to press our advantage.” That tells me that they are cash-flow positive. Now, of course, we don't know the particulars, but that is a pretty strong statement from the CEO.

36 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

Have you heard of Xcurrent??? I do get where you are coming from, one thing that I would like to know and maybe it's already been discussed and I have missed it.  "If Ripple was gifted XRP by the founders were the founders at anytime affiliated with ripple the company when the gifting took place or after???"  If so I think that is going to come up as a huge talking point in this whole security mess.

The founders were literally a group of people that created a technology, created the digital asset xrp from that technology, and created a company to build out the technology to promote the monetary health of the asset. The timing of events is rather unimportant from a conceptual perspective. Maybe there are legal perspectives that think it matters, but conceptually it doesn't matter one iota. 

24 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

According to a recent interview from Yahoo Finance, UK Brad was quoted saying: “We’re in a very strong position, our business is growing strongly, we have a strong balance sheet, and I intend to press our advantage.” That tells me that they are cash-flow positive. Now, of course, we don't know the particulars, but that is a pretty strong statement from the CEO.

XRP sales are on their balance sheets. We know they've sold hundreds of millions of dollars worth of XRP. We don't know if they would be in a strong position without those sales. Even though they have said they would be without it, their financials aren't public so no one outside of Ripple would be able to tell you with certainty.

59 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

Ripple has claimed in interviews that they don't need XRP sales to "keep the lights on". They're a private company so there is no way to tell if that is true or not. I think they heavily depend on the sales to have cash on hand in order to push their goals they are working on. They could do without the sales (maybe) but it would be difficult and probably cause slower progress (I would hypothesize). 

Without XRP sales I doubt they could have come up with the cash for the MoneyGram deal. They also would have a hard time doing things with Xpring, universities, donations, etc.