xrp-protocol

Corda may not be as groundbreaking as we think...

22 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/2019/08/21/engineers-v-management-r3-is-facing-rumblings-among-its-core-ranks-but-it-may-not-be-alone/

Article points to “engineers exodus”. Peter Drucker once said culture eats strategy for breakfast. I worry about Corda if the article is true.

We don't hear the same reports of cultural conflict with ripple (the company).

The problem is Corda was hyped for a potential big usage of XRP.

Not saying Corda will fail from here but it looks like a long journey ahead...

Edited by xrp-protocol

3 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

It's a long journey ahead for crypto in general .. adoption seems to be purely for speculative purposes only and not for real usage .. at least not yet ..

40 minutes ago, xrp-protocol said:

You mean to tell me that Corda is just another SBI, Bakt, CNY, Wallstreet Bonus?!!!!! Tell me it ain't so! I'm SHOCKED!

“If you start with the users and then build the tech, it’s more successful. Like Facebook. So R3 started with the banks and then built, which is the inverse to Ripple [for example]. Architecturally the tech is different,” Crook explained. This business model is also a key reason behind Corda’s “share-nothing” philosophy, as a private blockchain, which has proven unpopular among some developers.

Yet paradoxically, these software firms rely on engineers. And these deeper ideological clashes may well be endemic in other enterprise-blockchain firms like IBM and Consensys, who may be unintentionally building a team of employees with deeply opposing approaches to process, output, and delivery.

Very interesting.  18 months ago rumours were that R3 was on the edge of bankruptcy and they had let Ripple down.  Then they were the darlings of SBI Ripple

Corda provides the smart contract facility to xRapid that Codius is not mature enough to provide yet.

I am not always a fan of Brad, but I think this is where Brad is good.  Brad understands his role is not to be the tech expert, but instead to build a well structured team with goals.  DS and ST both understood they needed to build their software solutions from the bottom up.  Ripple is further ahead than people realise.

40 minutes ago, strikerjax said:

Don't see this as a major problem. Sounds like they need to hire the right kind of engineers who are OK with working on the specific use case they have with banks.  

Same ... also

"Standard Bank is the biggest in Africa by assets and will be joining the likes of ING and BNP Paribas on the distributed network"

The only problem with turning over engineers is the knowledge of the product. When you bring in someone new they have to figure out a bunch of stuff that was second nature to the previous. It slows down development which slows down progress. It sounds like management isn't listening to its workers. That is not a good thing if the management can't do the job themselves. I've quite jobs before due to the fact that those over me would not listen, were unwilling to waiver. Two went out of business shortly after.

The same thing happened with engineers on the ford infotainment system. They said it wouldn't work properly. Ford pushed. It was a disaster. Ford now uses android auto. Windows 8/9.   If the startup is run by that of finance point of view, then the engineering part is blown as if anyone can do it. We will see. Hopefully R3 will limp along until Codius is ready. Maybe get those engineers to funded by Xspring to develop Codius.

You mean to tell me that Corda is just another SBI, Bakt, CNY, Wallstreet Bonus?!!!!! Tell me it ain't so! I'm SHOCKED!

Problem nr 1 with R3 has a name: David Rutter. To long in bed with bankers and continuous refreining their disbelief in crypto tokens...

I really don’t see what this has to do with XRP or Ripple. The Corda settler is a relatively simple piece of code that nobody has admitted to using in production, particularly for XRP transfers.

Totally mystified why people got so excited in the first place about a tenuous link between Ripple and R3.

Or did I miss something?